Gettysburg Gun Show (Dec 5/6) - Who's Going?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I was thinking about it, but with the current buying panic going on, I don't feel like dealing with the crowds or the inevitable price gouging.

Flametamer

MDS Supporter
    Mar 6, 2014
    Frederick County
    Number of vendors is down from prior shows. Attendance is way down.... Lots and lots of gun cases, overpriced .22. Prices on the two toys I am shopping for were on par with LGS prices.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Could just be the usual time of year slump but they have had some issues. The "powder" guy who is usually hopping at Chantilly wont go there. Guess they got robed a couple years ago.

I know last time I was there someone had unzipped the back of my Jeep and obviously had a lock around. There was nothing to get, just thankful they didn't slash it.

Not sure why this show is so prone to thieving but its got a bad rep.

BTW I haven't seen Battle Bargains at any show recently? Used to love those guys and could always haggle them down to a reasonable number.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    BTW I haven't seen Battle Bargains at any show recently? Used to love those guys and could always haggle them down to a reasonable number.

Bill's been at all the shows I've been to lately. Chantilly, Frederick, the recent antique Gettysburg and Timonium shows. I can't make it to Gettysburg this weekend so I don't know if he's there or not.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Just got home. Nice show... lots of vendors, and plenty of room in the aisles to move around without bumping into other folks. Probably not half as large/many vendors as Chantilly, but so much more pleasant to be there.

I'm not a reloader, but it seemed that there were several vendors selling reloading supplies, and one guy had more powder on his table than I've ever seen in one place. Several folks selling exploding targets/components. Nice selection of lever guns, old and new. Couple of knife and holster guys. Two jerky stands, plus fudge and pickles, of all things. Must be a PA kind of thing... 10 different varieties of pickles. who knew?

And people were FRIENDLY! Lots of smiles and pleasantries exchanged. Like America used to be. Great way to spend a day. On the way home I stopped at 2A in Jessup, and Tom used his magical skills to hook me up with a DPMS 300 Black rifle (which I didn't know I needed) and a bunch of ammo. Pickles and a new gun. What could be better? :D

FWIW, this was my first Gettysburg show in a long time. Sorry if it disappointed other folks. I enjoyed the heck out of it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom