• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    How common are bobcats in the Warrior Mountain area?Me and a bud were turkey hunting there this past weekend.It is the first time either one of us has hunted there.We only heard a few gobbles and decided to just set up and see what happened.We watched a hen mingle around for about an hour.A little later I saw some movement and told my bud I see a bobcat.He came within 50 yards from us and never knew we were there.We thought it was really cool to see.

oupa

Apr 6, 2011
    They're a lot more common than most folks realize and not just west of... well, west of where ever. Like many critters, (see the porky post above!) their range is expanding or more correctly, returning to their former range.;)

Cats, even where they're very common, are especially secretive and almost entirely nocturnal. Count yourself lucky and savor the experience.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    It was a big cat.I am thinking it was a male on the prowl.I tried to squeek it closer but it just slipped away.It was around 8:30 am and about 10 minutes before we had 9 deer that ran past us about 15 feet away.They came from the same area the cat did.It was a treat to see it for sure.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    I live on Savage Mountain, way back in the sticks. We see bobcats quite often. Not everyday, but they are fairly common.

So I guess you probably see them more often than bears?I used to hunt Green Ridge for turkeys and had two sitings that I thought were bobcats but wasnt positive.This time he was close and there is no doubt.I didnt know they were that common to see in Md.Oh well.....Im not that special after all lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom