• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    If you are looking for budget, get one without the optic and spend the money on an upper including the BCG and CH.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    If you are looking for budget, get one without the optic and spend the money on an upper including the BCG and CH.

Seconded. Get something with a bcg and charging handle. Optics are nice but on a budget build make it go "bang" first. Then keep an eye on various places like AR15.com equipment exchange and you can pick up a used scope/red dot/back up iron sights.

That is what I did bought my complete upper for 600 then bought used sights, scope, and mount.

Sent from a galaxy far, far, away....

ObsceneJesster

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    If I was looking for a budget mid grade upper, PSA is exactly where I'd go.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Cool. That makes sense. A gun shop near by has a complete upper assembly by American Tactical. Its a cheap brand, but the entire upper with all parts to complete a lower is $529. Not too bad. It doesnt come with any thing. No sites, no attachements, just the parts to make it go bang.

I might run with that and slap on a cheap A2 site/carry handle.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Cool. That makes sense. A gun shop near by has a complete upper assembly by American Tactical. Its a cheap brand, but the entire upper with all parts to complete a lower is $529. Not too bad. It doesnt come with any thing. No sites, no attachements, just the parts to make it go bang.

I might run with that and slap on a cheap A2 site/carry handle.

So you don't have a lower parts kit yet? If not, I know you said budget but let me throw this out there. $220 for a complete lower parts kit which includes a geissele ssa trigger. Get the 399.99 upper from PSA that includes the bcg and charging handle and you have a pretty nice set up for 100 bucks more.

Lower parts kit
    http://www.pegasusdefense.com/store...ower-parts-kit-featuring-geissele-ssa-trigger

Upper with bcg and charging handle.
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/ptac-16-1-9-a4-ss12g2-upper-w-bcg-ch.html

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Sounds good.

So you don't have a lower parts kit yet? If not, I know you said budget but let me throw this out there. $220 for a complete lower parts kit which includes a geissele ssa trigger. Get the 399.99 upper from PSA that includes the bcg and charging handle and you have a pretty nice set up for 100 bucks more.

Lower parts kit
    http://www.pegasusdefense.com/store...ower-parts-kit-featuring-geissele-ssa-trigger

Upper with bcg and charging handle.
    http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/featured/ptac-16-1-9-a4-ss12g2-upper-w-bcg-ch.html

I have the fire control group complete. All I need is the upper. This looks good. Thank you.

xdmdude

Oct 1, 2011
    I have that exact upper and love it. If I were you I would only get it if that is the optic you were goingvto buy anyway.

Apd09

May 30, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    I have the fire control group complete. All I need is the upper. This looks good. Thank you.

I have used the upper I linked to and it's pretty good. Have a friend that bought it to let the young marines he works with beat on it at target practice every few weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom