• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    Like all good websites, "Coming soon" is prominently featured.

Is it just me or are people over-relying on youtube for content data? Is there something about good old fashioned text that I'm missing? I guess the NSA can't search videos really well, or something. (That'll be fixed here in a few years).

At least she takes bitcoin.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member

Is it just me or are people over-relying on youtube for content data? Is there something about good old fashioned text that I'm missing? I guess the NSA can't search videos really well, or something. (That'll be fixed here in a few years).

The video I referenced is good, but you didn't view it in 3 minutes.

:sad20:

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    The video I referenced is good, but you didn't view it in 3 minutes.

:sad20:

I know. Why? Because I don't have flash installed - and the youtube embeds didn't seem to like HTML5 mode. I didn't feel like using youtube-dl at that moment so I instead looked at all of the links on the site, hoping for a captioned version or text or something I *could* read in 3 minutes. Hence my comments about "coming soon" and her taking bitcoin.

I read the entire site - I just didn't watch the videos. I HAPPEN TO LIKE TEXT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    OK. That's weird cause I have an iPad and I usually can't see Flash content either. No big loss IMO...Flash screwed up constantly when I had it.

I know. Why? Because I don't have flash installed - and the youtube embeds didn't seem to like HTML5 mode. I didn't feel like using youtube-dl at that moment so I instead looked at all of the links on the site, hoping for a captioned version or text or something I *could* read in 3 minutes. Hence my comments about "coming soon" and her taking bitcoin.

I read the entire site - I just didn't watch the videos. I HAPPEN TO LIKE TEXT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH IT

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter

john_bud

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009

I agree. I can read and comprehend 10x faster than these "experts" babble.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I agree. I can read and comprehend 10x faster than these "experts" babble.

Well, when the site's own rules say.

" Rules for Posting Copyrighted Material
    I just received another cease and desist because someone posted too much content from an article from the Military Times (Gannett Media).

New policy: No more snippets of articles. None at all. From now on, only the article title, a link to the article, and your summary. It seems that there is no clear standard regarding what is an acceptable amount of text that can be posted without being in violation of a copyright.

Please understand, getting sued would be very bad for me and for this site. That is not a risk that I am prepared to take if there is a simple alternative, which in this case there is.

Also, I would really appreciate a heads up if you see any posts in violation of this policy. It is difficult for myself and the mods to keep up with everything that is posted, so we count on the members to alert us to potentially problematic content.

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation! "

Because of the sensitive nature and aims to protect our site against those who will look to sue or make a way to shut us down if we post anything that is written by others in a text format. It is easier to facilitate the communication of facts, viewpoints, news regarding our issues etc if we use ALL manners of presenting the info.

Why poo poo and get our noses bent out of shape over the method of bringing forth the message? I advocate for those who like reading text to do so, Those who are more visual and who find info best by watching or listening to do so as well.
    And for those who can write about, read, listen, and watch with equal aplomb, make your own choice of one or all of the methods that suit yourself. Therefore, don't feel hesitant in sharing by whatever method you so choose as well.

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Thanks. Yeah, I got that to work but the link to her .com website didn't work.

Yeah, I saw that it was Not workin.
    Tell me, how can it be so clear to some folks and like brain surgery to a ditch digger the logic that the Constitutional rights are clear and to not be trifled with or impinged upon. It was because the forefathers truly knew what they were doing that they made checks and balances to ensure the survival of our Nation. While the crooked politicians and interest groups use their power under the guise of good for the people, in reality their tool of choice is fear to actually yield them more power and more money via running afoul of the constitution.

Just a fraction of my .02,

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom