• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • risk

Dec 7, 2011
    Went trap shooting tonight and had 3 hull separations in one box of 25. What makes this so extremely dangerous is the shell slides down the barrel while the metal band and primer eject - potentially with the shooter non the wiser. This is a recipe for a KABOOM.

Please check your lot numbers and always ensure your clear between each shot.

cMWHzNg.jpg

1INnifT.jpg

wLRbuDj.jpg

I've had such bad luck with Gun Club lately. A few weeks back I had a flat which had dozens of deformed metal bans which wouldn't allow the shell to seat in the chamber.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Report it to Remington. Had the same thing happen on a couple waterfowl loads from the same box. I reported it to Remington and they sent me a $20 gift certificate and a hat. Not the reason I reported it, but it was nice.

While throwing steel at waterfowl, how many people will be able to check the spent shell or the action between shots? The ducks and geese aren't going to be hanging around, I guarantee you that.

risk

Dec 7, 2011
    Report it to Remington. Had the same thing happen on a couple waterfowl loads from the same box. I reported it to Remington and they sent me a $20 gift certificate and a hat. Not the reason I reported it, but it was nice.

While throwing steel at waterfowl, how many people will be able to check the spent shell or the action between shots? The ducks and geese aren't going to be hanging around, I guarantee you that.

I purchased 4 flats of this........$20 gift certificate :cry:

risk

Dec 7, 2011
    I called Remington and they are going to replace all my flats. Apparently I wasn't the first caller and Remington said the machine has since been fixed but acknowledged that a few months worth of manufacturing have this issue. They said it started in April, but didn't say when it was corrected. No guidance was given regarding a potential recall.

Check you shells and stay safe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom