• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ungermc

Uses Gun-oil Aftershave
    Gentlemen,

First, I know my following question may have been answered indirectly elsewhere, but I'd like clarification, preferable a FFL holder for this scenario:

1. I purchased a handgun and will be picking up from FFL by NLT 31 Aug.

2. I would like to purchase a registered long gun (AR) immediately.

3. I'm not a DC.

Question: If I make purchase of AR now, will I still be able to submit and process paperwork after the 30day window and receive even if past the 10/1 deadline.

I have read here and several other locations that as long as I have a valid 'Purchase Order' for my firearm before 10/1, it will still be grandfathered.

Thanks in advance for helping clear the fog on this one...

---Mike

Doug S

Trufflehunter
    Jan 21, 2013
    Sorry, I'm not a FFL, but I think it's pretty simple.

Pick it up on 30 Aug, wait 30 days, file on the AR on 30 Sept?

Barring that, pick it up on 31 Aug, buy the new one on 30 Sept, file paperwork on 1 Oct? In that case, you're in the same boat as those waiting on one to show up from the manufacturer. If they've already bought & paid for it, it's a PO, and they can do papers when it shows up - even if it's after the 1st.

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena
    Go buy it now. On the 77r there is a question of buying in the last 30 days. Answer it correctly and just make sure you pick it up 30 days after you picked up the handgun. You can buy as many regulated as you want now you just have to space the pick ups at 30 day intervals.

wiseguy813

Jul 11, 2011
    Lexington Park, MD
    Its 30 days from when you submitted your last paperwork. So the start of your current 8 days. As long as your paperwork is sent before Oct 1, you're good to go

Sent from Galaxy S4

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena
    Its 30 days from when you submitted your last paperwork. So the start of your current 8 days. As long as your paperwork is sent before Oct 1, you're good to go

Sent from Galaxy S4

WRONG!!! 30 days starts when you PICK UP the firearm. Stop spreading misinformation.

ThatGuy179

Apr 2, 2012
    Pasadena
    Who cares. Even if he answered "No" on the pickup question and it wasn't true by the time or if MSP ever figured it out what are they going to do? I'm willing to bet that the combined 2 pickups would be over 60 days anyways.

Ok. My bad. Lets use the forum to spread false information. Who cares? Im sure most here would. No need to be an ass because i corrected someone else.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011

Sent from Galaxy S4

Actually, you can submit paperwork anytime after the first purchase. You just can't pick-up the second regulated firearm until 30 days after you picked-up the first one.

obnoxious2

Jan 18, 2013
    district 21 - hunger games
    Ok. My bad. Lets use the forum to spread false information. Who cares? Im sure most here would. No need to be an ass because i corrected someone else.

Did I come off as an ass to you? Then I'm sorry you're so sensitive. Some would say being an ass is yelling "wrong" in ALL CAPS.

OP, if you're FFL is releasing after 8 days, you might as well submit the 2nd paperwork and wait the 8 days and pickup both at the same time since they both go on the same 77r. Then you'll just have to wait 60 days before the next pickup

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Did I come off as an ass to you? Then I'm sorry you're so sensitive. Some would say being an ass is yelling "wrong" in ALL CAPS.

OP, if you're FFL is releasing after 8 days, you might as well submit the 2nd paperwork and wait the 8 days and pickup both at the same time since they both go on the same 77r. Then you'll just have to wait 60 days before the next pickup

Unfortunately, it's too late for him to do a dual purchase, he already made the first one. With that, he should go ahead and make the 2nd purchase and then wait the 30 days to possession of the second firearm after he picks up the first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom