• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Blacksmith was accurate as to answering the WHY and/ or How Come He Can .

Doesn't mean Maryland Laws as Written and as Applied are Just, Fair, or Constitutional , but for the moment ,that's what IS .

( Assuming Kev308 is facetious about being CEO of a corporation name MY Family Inc )

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    The Numbers are in for June 2021

The new NICS check numbers are in for June 2021....3,054,726. This number is down from last year which set the all time record for the month of June since the start of the program in 1998.
    So far through the first 6 months of 2021 there have been 22,243,220 NICS checks processed.

As a bonus number for the data junkies I have calculated the number of NICS conducted per additional firearm in commerce for the year 2018. The data needed for this lags the report by two years. The Firearms Commerce In The United States Annual Statistical Update for 2020 is out but the latest Manufacturing data it contains is from 2018.

You can find the report here:
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/report/2020-firearms-commerce-report/download

You can find the methodology and the calculations for 2016 and 2017 in post number 149 of this thread:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5990041&postcount=149

26,181,936 NICS checks
    12,804,242 additional guns (total mfg. 9,052,628 + total imports 4,305,851 - total export 554,237 = number of additional firearms)
    = 2.04479 NICS checks per additional firearm

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    The new NICS check numbers are in for June 2021....3,054,726. This number is down from last year which set the all time record for the month of June since the start of the program in 1998.
    So far through the first 6 months of 2021 there have been 22,243,220 NICS checks processed.

As a bonus number for the data junkies I have calculated the number of NICS conducted per additional firearm in commerce for the year 2018. The data needed for this lags the report by two years. The Firearms Commerce In The United States Annual Statistical Update for 2020 is out but the latest Manufacturing data it contains is from 2018.

You can find the report here:
    https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/report/2020-firearms-commerce-report/download

You can find the methodology and the calculations for 2016 and 2017 in post number 149 of this thread:
    https://www.mdshooters.com/showpost.php?p=5990041&postcount=149

26,181,936 NICS checks
    12,804,242 additional guns (total mfg. 9,052,628 + total imports 4,305,851 - total export 554,237 = number of additional firearms)
    = 2.04479 NICS checks per additional firearm
    It would probably be higher if there were inventory and prices weren’t still a little inflated.

308Scout

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 27, 2020
    Washington County
    Been to 3 LGS's lately. Display cases "PACKED" to overflowing with handguns.
    Didn't think to look at prices. Was looking for ammo.

Ammo? What ammo??? :sad20:

I've been seeing more of both in the last couple of months at LGSs. The prices on ammo were high (none close to early 2020) - i.e. same cost as a comparable online order with shipping (unless getting the bulk shipping rate). Both still lightly less than early this year. :shrug:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015

I haven't been to many LGS, but between those I have the last couple of months and online, gun prices still seem to be running about 20-30% above pre-pandemic prices. Not budging much, but inventory seems to be going up and up. So I assume prices will be coming down sooner rather than later. Especially with the softening of sales.

At a guess, most people who were going to be scared in to getting guns have gotten them. Either just the one, or they came back for more, because they realized they needed or wanted more. The regular buyers had plenty and weren't going to buy in that market (or very limited in what they'd buy).

So now sales are going to go down until supply pricing corrects to drive more entrants in to the demand side of the market.

Long way of saying I hope prices come down by this fall when I am thinking of getting a .357 revolver and threaded lever gun.

Speedfreak

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 16, 2021

With 5 million new gun owners added since the Covid hoax, plus everyone still panic buying extra ammo when they can, the ammo shortage should last a good while longer. Heck, it may be a new normal!

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    I was down in Georgia north of Atlanta for the weekend and made a trip to Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna Ga. with my friend we were staying with , They advertise them selves as the worlds largest gun store . I've never seen so many guns on display anywhere , I asked how many do you have and he told me with what they have on display and in the store room at around 19K , They had lots of ammo too , The price wasn't pre-covid but it's lower than I've seen in a long time , I picked up 2K rounds of CCI brass 124gr.9mm for 399.00 per 1K , Now I can do some trigger pulling without dipping into to my stash . The rest of the weekend was grilling and cold ones , We did have a good time blasting off fireworks .

Minor

May 17, 2013
    Frederick, MD
    Do you think this is market saturation? I'm noticing more ammo available and slightly lower pricing - "The new NICS check numbers are in for June 2021....3,054,726. This number is down from last year which set the all time record for the month of June since the start of the program in 1998."

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Do you think this is market saturation? I'm noticing more ammo available and slightly lower pricing - "The new NICS check numbers are in for June 2021....3,054,726. This number is down from last year which set the all time record for the month of June since the start of the program in 1998."

Recall that last summer we were in Peak Riot and Democrats were using phony narratives to egg on violence, looting, arson and hobbling of the police in hopes of that somehow working in their favor in the November election. People bought a LOT of guns in response to that dynamic. The "I'll only ever need one gun" noobs probably are indeed saturated for now, pending any other big eruptions of violence like we saw last summer. But some percentage of them are probably now officially Gun Nuts and will shop again.

Those of us with piles of firearms aren't done and never will be. Uh, so I'm told.

ezracer

Certified Gun Nut
    Jul 27, 2012
    Behind enemy lines...
    Recall that last summer we were in Peak Riot and Democrats were using phony narratives to egg on violence, looting, arson and hobbling of the police in hopes of that somehow working in their favor in the November election. People bought a LOT of guns in response to that dynamic. The "I'll only ever need one gun" noobs probably are indeed saturated for now, pending any other big eruptions of violence like we saw last summer. But some percentage of them are probably now officially Gun Nuts and will shop again.

Those of us with piles of firearms aren't done and never will be. Uh, so I'm told.

What guns??? I'm just here for the fun repartee!!

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    That’s a good place! Kick myself in the backside for not picking that AK for 300… in ‘09

I was down in Georgia north of Atlanta for the weekend and made a trip to Adventure Outdoors in Smyrna Ga. with my friend we were staying with , They advertise them selves as the worlds largest gun store . I've never seen so many guns on display anywhere , I asked how many do you have and he told me with what they have on display and in the store room at around 19K , They had lots of ammo too , The price wasn't pre-covid but it's lower than I've seen in a long time , I picked up 2K rounds of CCI brass 124gr.9mm for 399.00 per 1K , Now I can do some trigger pulling without dipping into to my stash . The rest of the weekend was grilling and cold ones , We did have a good time blasting off fireworks .

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Wilson Combat's facility expansion -

Pretty impressive. They're investing a lot of money in capital equipment; presumably they feel that the marketplace will not be impacted negatively by the political process.

I'd be interested to learn what percentage of their output would not have met QC standards, and subsequently been scrapped.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    4,000 pounds of aluminum for AR receivers per week. That is a lot of lowers! 104 tons of aluminum just for lowers per year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom