• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bigcountry

Jan 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    I have never in 30 years reloading had issues finding 130gr .277 sierra gamekings. Anyone have a box to sell?

6Den

Feb 10, 2013
    Howard County
    I'm having the same challenge finding 120gr Sierra Pro Hunters in 7mm. Sierra must be behind in production, as Midway shows "overdue".

I'm having the same challenge finding 120gr Sierra Pro Hunters in 7mm. Sierra must be behind in production, as Midway shows "overdue".

Everyone is having production issues. The lead and copper supply chain was basically non existent for a few months and it's still not 100%. add to that ammo makers are running 24/7 to try to keep up with the demand so most of what is available is going to them. Copper comes from south America and they've been hit hard by the virus, a good portion of the lead comes from China and i'm not sure we are getting any from them right now. Some comes from southern Missouri but they can't produce enough to keep up with demand.

And keep in mind not all the copper and lead goes to ammo makers...there are plenty of other industries that use both.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Thanks guys, never in my life did I think I would have to pay 40 dollars for a pack of gamekings

I very much like Sierra bullets and always have. But Sierra raised their prices CONSIDERABLY prior to Covid, and Covid itself obviously isn't helping either. I'll be taking a harder look at competitors going forward.

bigcountry

Jan 4, 2013
    Carroll County
    I very much like Sierra bullets and always have. But Sierra raised their prices CONSIDERABLY prior to Covid, and Covid itself obviously isn't helping either. I'll be taking a harder look at competitors going forward.

I have to agree. I talked to a Remington rep about copper solids and thier price increase to over 3 dollars a slug. He said because price of copper went up. I explained, ok, so a oz slug, the price went from 1.5 per pound to say 3 dollars a pound, So the raw price for 1oz of copper went from 10 cents to 20cents, how does that tranlate to 300% increase?

6Den

Feb 10, 2013
    Howard County
    I have Barnes and Noslers I can load, but neither comes close to the accuracy I get with the Sierras.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom