• HRDWRK

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    Jan 7, 2013
    39°43′19.92216″ N
    Not in westminster but close!
    Manchester!

JAROCHITA Mexican restaurant!
    It's on main Street ( highway 30)!

It is owned by a husband and wife who have other businesses in town..

It features tacos and Tamales, however everything I tried has been fantastic! The tamales are in banana leaves!
    The tacos are the real deal..

Only 7 tables for 4 and one table for 6! Expect to be treated as a welcome family member!
    Give it a try...

https://m.facebook.com/jarochita.restaurant?_rdr

Menu
    https://m.facebook.com/jarochita.restaurant?_rdr

They do not have a web site..

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    No loss there

I concur. Didn't do anything for me. Went twice and was underwhelmed. Not to mention the parking lot was a hassle and a resident above the place got mad when I refused to help her move her sofa into her apartment.

I much prefer Outlaw BBQ in Hampstead...although the parking can be an issue there as well. Worth it for quality food.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    I concur. Didn't do anything for me. Went twice and was underwhelmed. Not to mention the parking lot was a hassle and a resident above the place got mad when I refused to help her move her sofa into her apartment.

I much prefer Outlaw BBQ in Hampstead...although the parking can be an issue there as well. Worth it for quality food.

Outlaw's food it amazing! They need a sit down type restaurant

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Outlaw's food it amazing! They need a sit down type restaurant

I believe they are working on it. They got the zoning approved however I'm not sure when they will break ground.

Great food, huge serving size, and nice family. That about covers it for me. That's why we eat there almost once a week as a family.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Glad to see Mediterraneo back open. Good food and very nice Italians running the place.

The $8.99 extra large pizza special on Wednesdays and Sundays is top notch.

https://www.mediterraneoresturant.com/

Fettuccine Mediterraneo (with marinara instead of the rose cream sauce)

Med 1.jpg

Leave the gun ..... (they were pre-filled, by they had no problem filling one fresh)

Med 2.jpg

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    Glad to see Mediterraneo back open. Good food and very nice Italians running the place.

https://www.mediterraneoresturant.com/

Fettuccine Mediterraneo (with marinara instead of the rose cream sauce)

View attachment 294278

Leave the gun ..... (they were pre-filled, by they had no problem filling one fresh)

View attachment 294279

I don't think we've been to Mediterraneo since they moved up the West Main and Penn Ave. Of course the wife and I don't get out alone much, and the kids are super picky eaters.

We went to the OBX this June/July for vacation. 2 houses down the Mediterraneo van is there with a few other cars and a familiar pick up truck. everyday walking to the beach, I yell their name as I walk by the house, hoping to spur a conversation, but no one was out. Come home, and the day after we get back, their van is across the street unloading the truck, and that familiar pick up truck is a neighbor in our neighborhood. Funny, we drove down to the OBX to be almost next door to another neighbor. I really need to strike up a conversation with them.

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    Only up there a couple times for oil changes at the Honda dealer, know a guy.

Anyway. Rock salt grill. Charm city pasta thing was banging

gamer_jim

Podcaster
    Feb 12, 2008
    Hanover, PA
    Not quite Westminster, but we don't have any other thread for restaurant reviews.

Just on the other side of Liberty reservoir in Randallstown my wife and I discovered a Nigerian restaurant Seyo's. My Nigerian co-worker said this was the best authentic Nigerian food you can get in the area.

I had the Asun and Jollof rice, my wife had the grilled tilapia and Jollof. My wife said that was the best tilapia she's ever had. The Asun was spicy but very flavorful. The owner made me taste the Asun with spices before he would let me order it because he thought it would be too spicy for my American taste. For me it was a 7 on a 1-10 scale where 10 would be my max.

We found out about Seyo's when we were visiting the International Market 2 doors down. Again, another recommendation from my Nigerian co-worker. I was picking out ingredients for a Nigerian recipe, which I will post in the appropriate thread later this evening (if it turns out).

Can anyone else recommend any other authentic ethnic restaurants in the area? Maybe we need our own thread for this.

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD

Meh. I've never left there impressed with the food or service.

Paradiso has them beat 10x over for italian food.

Johannsons has the pizza market cornered in westminster. Their brick oven pizzas are the best pizza anywhere

J.T

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    MD
    Rock Salt Grill

I had the pleasure of eating there about a month ago. Crab cakes and the sides were excellent. The rest of the menu looked good and I'm looking forward to going back soon.

Everything there is good. The seafood club is my favorite. Crabcake, shrimp salad, bacon, etc... It's almost too big to eat, but absolutely delicious

Sirex