• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Just watch the baltimore news stations during the MGA sessions. They are always on as a counter point, but they typically agree with the MGA.

BuildnBurn

Professional Pyro
    Oct 25, 2012
    Frederick County
    My goto is Gunrunners in Frederick. I like Hafer's also, and the RSP Gunshop for reloading supplies in Falling Waters WV.

I have no use for and will not patronize The Gun Center in Frederick or Atlantic Guns in Rockville. I was ignored to many times at Atlantic while staff bs'd with there buddies and TGC staff was just plain rude.

*their

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    My goto is Gunrunners in Frederick. I like Hafer's also, and the RSP Gunshop for reloading supplies in Falling Waters WV.

I have no use for and will not patronize The Gun Center in Frederick or Atlantic Guns in Rockville. I was ignored to many times at Atlantic while staff bs'd with there buddies and TGC staff was just plain rude.

*their

The guy that nominally manages the Gun Center is a good guy and will work with you. The owner and his son are pompous asshats.

Waingro

Apr 4, 2018
    I've been very happy with Tyler's. Super easy guys to work with. Spent alot with 2a Sales in the past too. I was buying guns from Mark back when he was in the little space a few doors down from where they are now. They are great too, just don't get out to that area much when I switched jobs.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    I love Tylers Firearms. I have bought and transferred a number of firearms through them and they are extremely nice and helpful. A lot of my club members have also had outstanding service and training from Tylers. I've bought from other shops in the area, but Tylers is my go to shop, because they are the most helpful and are great guys to deal with.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    2A Sales is probably my favorite. Owner and staff are friendly with a great attitude.

Worth-a-shot is very close to me but a disappointment. Owner is a former cop and they cater to cops....there's definitely 2 layers of treatment plus they tried to gouge me for a bore lock on an HKP2000SK. I had to print the regs showing its internal lock was sufficient. They definitely see Maryland's regs as an opportunity for them to make more money.

DdotC

Jul 18, 2020
    United and Engage are awesome.

Atlantic is hit or miss. They can be dismissive and rude in there.

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    If it wasn't for AAPD, they would probably be out of business by now. Wasn't the owner on the handgun permit review board? I seem to remember she was more for them than for us.

No, that was one of the owners of a firearms training company that trains at Marriottsville.

Beefcube

Sammich King
    Mar 15, 2011
    Westminster
    Bollinger's in Taneytown has been great to deal with.

Now to say Brownstone is very different is an understatement, but Mr.Bradley put me right on how a couple rifles and scopes should be set up. That man knows rifles.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    United and Engage are awesome.

Atlantic is hit or miss. They can be dismissive and rude in there.

Rockville always seems like they're under-staffed and trying to do three things at the same time. Silver Spring is more chill. I've bought a couple of long guns from Mark and would definitely buy again from him. The only reason I don't go there more often is that it's kind of a haul from Frederick and there's never anywhere to park.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    Maybe not worst but prices are such I don't go to the Gun Center on Rosemont Ave Frederick, Md

Also have been to Skeeters in Smithsburg, Md. Good place for transfers, also ammo price reasonable in past. He was closed. I think Open again now.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    Skeeters is a good place to do transfers...his inventory is pretty sparse though for most over the counter sales. Much of Skeeter's business comes from being the FFL for raffles done by different organizations.

dkim73

Feb 15, 2009
    I liked the Atlantic Rockville Store ... There was a sales person there named John. Bought several guns from him and he was always helpful. Anyone know if he is still there?

IX-3

Aug 21, 2018
    Eastern Shore, MD
    They've both already been mentioned but Black Anchor Armory in Denton and United Gun Shop in Rockville are both great. United is a bit of a drive for me so I only go there if they have a consignment gun I want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom