• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    We need to support whoever is running against these antigun legislators in the next election and elect representatives who will uphold the Constitution.
    Wake up everyone, get involved!

JTH20

Feb 18, 2013
    MD
    I don't have that same level of faith.

And even if it true it will take years and years

And after all those years, it'll result in "compromise" that later turns into a "loophole". Then new laws are passed and the cycle repeats.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Once Ginsburg "retires" all this nonsense will be invalidated.

You mean once someone walked up behind her and says 'boo' in a low conversational tone?

She is in her 80's. Her husband died over a decade ago (statistically a decade is the far end of how long someone goes once their spouse dies) She is 80 pounds soaking wet. She has had cancer twice. Multiple falls. She has to wear coats and gloves in warm crowded rooms.

She can't possibly last much longer.

IDFInfantry

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 21, 2013
    Nomad
    So does this mean that all of my legal pre-banned 2013 rifles can no longer be transferred to my wife or kids if something happens to me?
    I have a gun trust in which all my firearms are included in the legal trust.
    This is completely phucked! Thank God we are leaving this state soon!

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    All this means is, it's one more stupid law that we will not abide by. Guess I'll be a felon soon enough (in name only). WWNC!!!!!!!!

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    So does this mean that all of my legal pre-banned 2013 rifles can no longer be transferred to my wife or kids if something happens to me?
    I have a gun trust in which all my firearms are included in the legal trust.
    This is completely phucked! Thank God we are leaving this state soon!

No, it does not mean that. Immediate family members are excluded from the background check provision of HB4/SB208.

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    All this means is, it's one more stupid law that we will not abide by. Guess I'll be a felon soon enough (in name only). WWNC!!!!!!!!

Not by violating HB4/SB208. It only defines a violation as a misdemeanor. You're more likely to go broke from the $10,000 fines and jail time.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    The House passed 1104 prohibiting the loan of a regulated firearm, unless you are right there with them. It would also prohibit storing a regulated firearm for a neighbor who is having a family emergency, work being done on their house or going on vacation. It would also prohibit loaning a regulated firearm to an instructor so they can teach a class.

The Senate Bill is SB 1074. This bill has been moved to the Senate Rules committee, where there are 9 out of 12 Senators who are democrats from Montgomery County, Prince Georges County, Baltimore City, Baltimore County and Howard County.

We need everyone to call their State Senators office and ask to speak to the Chief of Staff. This gives you more than 90 seconds to get your point of view across. If you can't spare 5 minutes to do this, you are part of the problem that we are having with the Maryland Legislature. They are only hearing from the anti-gun groups.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    The Senate Bill is SB 1074. This bill has been moved to the Senate Rules committee, where there are 9 out of 12 Senators who are democrats from Montgomery County, Prince Georges County, Baltimore City, Baltimore County and Howard County.

Any idea why it made a detour to the Rules Committee?

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    Update on this dangerous bill

The Senate Judiciary is comprised of 9 members, 5 democrat and 4 republicans. Senator Lee and Senator Smith (Senate Judiciary Chair) are the sponsors of the bill. Senator Smith is also on the Rules Committee. The Senate Rules committee is comprised of 9 democrats and 3 republicans. The Senate Judiciary took out the loan portion of HB 04 after the hearing on SB208. The Rules Committee of 12 members is a 9/3 split, with the democrat majority being from Baltimore County, Montgomery County, Prince Georges County, Howard County and Baltimore City. The House Judiciary wasn't happy about the loan portion of HB04 being taken out of SB208. They most likely don't want the Senate Judiciary doing the same thing with HB 1104 - SB 1074. It appears that is why it got moved to the Senate Rules Committee.

The latest update I have is that the House Judiciary voted HB 1104 out of committee last night. The House has not voted on the ammended House version of the bill, so it is important to contact your Representatives in the House and Senate. If the House passes the bill, it will trigger action in the Senate. At this time, the Senate Bill is the original version with the Or and not the And in it. Changing the last word on the first page from the "OR" to an "AND" is what the House did while they were presenting the bill to the House Judiciary. This is what would make it illegal to loan a regulated rifle or pistol. Their latest draft takes out the loan portion completely, making it illegal to do so.

- Storing a regulated firearm for a neighbor if they have a family emergency, go out of town or having work done on their house would be illegal.
    - An individual or club would not be able to loan a regulated firearm for training, competition, practice unless the registered owner is right with the individual using the firearm.
    - It would be illegal to loan a regulated firearm to an instructor who needs an additional gun to teach a class.
    - It would destroy the Women On Target Programs where Women Teach women, firearms safety, nomenclature and how to safely use a firearm. Can you imagine how intimidating having 24 men standing in a classroom or standing right behind a woman who is being taught how to shoot? Not to mention, the person who loans the firearm would have to be with them all day while they are using the firearm in the classroom and on the line.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Any idea why it made a detour to the Rules Committee?
    Filed after the Senate Bill Introduction Guarantee Date - means it was filed late and has to be approved by the Rules Committee before being assigned to the committee of jurisdiction.

Public input is not received by the Rules Committee for such bills. Public input is reserved for the committee of jurisdiction, IF the bill gets approved to be "rereferred" by the Rules Committee.

tball

Ultimate Member
    May 20, 2010
    St. Augustine, Florida
    All the more reason to contact your representatives in the House now, before they vote on it. The House passing the bill will trigger the Senate to take action. I was told the status of this bill would most likely happen on Thursday or Friday.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Filed after the Senate Bill Introduction Guarantee Date - means it was filed late and has to be approved by the Rules Committee before being assigned to the committee of jurisdiction.

Public input is not received by the Rules Committee for such bills. Public input is reserved for the committee of jurisdiction, IF the bill gets approved to be "rereferred" by the Rules Committee.

So once Rules is done, does it still have to go through JPC, or straight to 2nd Reader?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom