Happy Birthday West Virginia. 153 years of statehood.Happy Birthday West Virginia.

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MRA

Dec 10, 2010
    Damascus
    I'm from West Virginia. No, my parents were not cousins. Yes, I have more than one tooth. In fact, I am only missing four of my real teeth. I did not marry any of my relatives. I've seen the good, the bad and some of the ugly in West Virginia. I've also seen how close and great a community can be after a coal mine disaster or flood or the Marshall plane accident. I've witnessed the natural beauty of the mountains I call home. Yes, I am from West Virginia. Montani Semper Liberi.

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    I'm from West Virginia. No, my parents were not cousins. Yes, I have more than one tooth. In fact, I am only missing four of my real teeth. I did not marry any of my relatives. I've seen the good, the bad and some of the ugly in West Virginia. I've also seen how close and great a community can be after a coal mine disaster or flood or the Marshall plane accident. I've witnessed the natural beauty of the mountains I call home. Yes, I am from West Virginia. Montani Semper Liberi.

What people don't realize is intermarrying happened in many places including Maryland. If more people got interested in genealogy they would realize this. Congrats on your anniversary. I have a 2nd great grandfather buried in Ansted, WV who was a Confederate vet. I'm aware of other distant cousins in the area as well.

MRA

Dec 10, 2010
    Damascus
    What people don't realize is intermarrying happened in many places including Maryland. If more people got interested in genealogy they would realize this.

Yes, I realize this. The reason that I addressed "intermarrying" is because it is one of many negative stereotypes associated with people from West Virginia. It's similar to the few or no teeth stereotype. Y'all understand?

POP57

Ultimate Member
    Apr 5, 2016
    Delaware
    Yes, I realize this. The reason that I addressed "intermarrying" is because it is one of many negative stereotypes associated with people from West Virginia. It's similar to the few or no teeth stereotype. Y'all understand?

I was referencing the original comment not yours. I get it. Others apparently don't.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    What people don't realize is intermarrying happened in many places including Maryland. If more people got interested in genealogy they would realize this. Congrats on your anniversary. I have a 2nd great grandfather buried in Ansted, WV who was a Confederate vet. I'm aware of other distant cousins in the area as well.

It's all relative.

MontaniSemperLiberi

MD Survivor
    Nov 12, 2011
    West By'God Virginia
    Don't take it personally, K31 is fixated on incestuous relations for whatever reason.

My response to him from another thread:

[quote name="K31" post=3145545]Thank you Captain Relevance...[/QUOTE]

Relevance to your inferring that West Virginians are akin to the inbred degenerates from Deliverance, even though MD law allows closer relatives to marry than WV allows?

Double-irony is you either don't understand what you're implying by making the comments comparing WV residents to those in Deliverance and/or that you don't understand how MD law allows for increased homozygosity and subsequent genetic depression of the population compared to WV...

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Thank God for the Bay Bridges. This really helped dilute the gene pool on the eastern shore. Hahahaha just kidding

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom