• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    It's really very simple, we live in a State where the Democrats outnumber the Republicans by 2 to 1...

So we are outnumbered in every branch of the State & most Local governments...

Those in control make the laws that we are stuck with...

Each State makes their own gun laws & speed limits...

So there are 2 choices, create a whole lot more Republicans or move to another State...

It's not going to change for the better in Merry-Land no matter what you & I do...

But it might change for the worse very soon, particularly if Hilary gets elected...

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sgt23 and several others here have said it pretty succinctly.

How our country has gone this far into the crapper is simply "disturbing" to say the least.
    I often say that our forefathers and those who fought for our freedoms would likely roll over in their graves and likely be livid at the panty waste pussification
    and morally corrupt values of America today. With all the "politically correct" BS of our current society, I can only reflect back on history to where our country
    was formed. The U.S. vs King George 3 certainly was NOT a politically correct venture now was it?

johnnyb2

Ultimate Member
    Apr 3, 2012
    Carroll County
    BUSHMASTER

The Bushmaster on the ban list is NOT a Bushmaster Brand AR 15. It is not an AR15 at all. It was an entirely different rifle that was not widely produced. The original ban list was drawn up by a couple of Diane Feinstein's aides back in 1989. They literally bought a Gun Digest (or a Guns and Ammo Annual???) at a news stand and picked out the rifles that looked scary.

At that time, Bushmaster did not even manufacture AR15s.

Maryland State Police were always perfectly aware of that fact, and of course, they still are. Bushmaster AR15s were always treated like any other ARs: HBARs were unregulated/ cash and carry while non-HBARs required the 7 day wait.

Only after 2013 did MSP suddenly start pretending that "Bushmaster" on the List referred to a brand name. They know perfectly well it never did.

Here is the Bushmaster Rifle which the List refers to:

928509_01_original_gwinn_bushmaster_assa_640.jpg

NOT an AR15, and out of production for many years.

There was another Bushmaster BULLPUP Rifle which many believe was the one listed by Feinstein's aides, but apparently this one here is the actual banned rifle.

The Maryland State Police have known this all along. That's why many THOUSANDS of Bushmaster BRAND HBAR AR15s were sold here as cash-and-carry.

This slimy mendacity just really, really pisses me off.

Ok thanks for the clarification. I always knew that it was not the BRAND that was banned, but 1 specific rifle. However, I always thought that it was a .50 cal rifle. I have never even seen a picture of the one that you have here. Goofy looking, home made look to it. Very interesting, but yeah, most always get confused about this, and think it is the brand, but it never has been.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    Public accommodations do not work that way.

Unfortuneatly they do. After all, gun owners are not a protected class in this world. One of the few left. But hey, if the libs say only a Minority of Americans own guns, maybe we should be. Aren't all other minorities?:sad20:

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    It's funny you make this post. Just the other day I was discussing MD laws with my cousin, an avid shooter from PA, and the fact that Bushmaster is banned by name. From my searching it came out of a shooting spree. One of the rifles used I think? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

That led me to thinking, how many Glocks have killed hundreds? Why aren't they banned? Just saying.

Don't go giving the antis anymore ideas. After this nut job Fed officer was able to buy a gun/s while stripped of duty is only going to feed the fire.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Handguns are not banned simply because they are too popular. The anti's strategy has always been to go after the more controversial things first.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    Got to keep the line blurry and moving. Every time they ban something controversial, something else takes its place.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Ok thanks for the clarification. I always knew that it was not the BRAND that was banned, but 1 specific rifle. However, I always thought that it was a .50 cal rifle. I have never even seen a picture of the one that you have here. Goofy looking, home made look to it. Very interesting, but yeah, most always get confused about this, and think it is the brand, but it never has been.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Yes ... Originally it was the "Bushmaster" rifle which was banned on the Maryland ban list...

But on 10/01/2013... The entire "Bushmaster" Brand of rifles became banned and remains banned to this day. DON'T try to sell or buy one or even try to bring one into the state now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom