• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TyFromMD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2011
    Maryland
    Been discussed befo. Rumor/story has it it was an Austrian feature designed that way. Apparently Americans hated it because we train to "drop free" mags on reloads (not sure where that came from), so then Glock decided to make drop free, steel lined mags that don't expand when loaded with ammo.

It's a terrible "feature", a mag that doesn't drop free. I'd like to hear why you think an empty mag that doesn't drop is a good thing.
    I have an early gen2 19 that came with the original glock mags. They drop free when empty but do not wirh rounds in the magazine. GLOCK designed the mags without the liner so they would swell just a little when loaded to prevent inadvertent magazine releases. The early Glock 19 also had a u shape cutout in the front of the grip and the cutout in the rear to make pulling magazines from the gun easier.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I have an early gen2 19 that came with the original glock mags. They drop free when empty but do not wirh rounds in the magazine. GLOCK designed the mags without the liner so they would swell just a little when loaded to prevent inadvertent magazine releases. The early Glock 19 also had a u shape cutout in the front of the grip and the cutout in the rear to make pulling magazines from the gun easier.

Another interesting bit of trivia. I'll have to check it tomorrow.

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    Hmmm, interesting. According to this guy (link), some Gen 1 pistols had the discontinuous grip stippling but, according to him, the single frame pin defines the Gen 1, all other generations having two. It'd be interesting to know who's correct.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QsYeotfvuzY

He is very wrong. He is showing a Gen 2 as Gen 1. My links are right.

Call or e-mail Glock with your serial number. Also, some Gen 2.5 are single pin.

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I was in The Armory right before it closed talking to one of the employees I've known for a long time. He said someone came in to try and sell a gen 1 G17 a recently deceased relative had. It was never fired. I think everyone there wanted it he said.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    It so happens I purchased that gun and lo and behold it's the very gun I owned what are the odds ???'

Hahahaha that's amazing!!!

Now do I get my finder check from you or Greg?

I'm glad you bought it though.....I always thought that thing was cool as hell!!!

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Greg was awesome! ! My hats off for the help. !! I honestly never thought I'd see it again when he sent the pictures I couldn't believe my eyes. So I looked at a old book I had with the sn in it and they were a match !I picked it up today . It was a stretch to make it happen but it was worth it :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom