• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    sorry no pics but basically my cartridge interrupter and bolt are filty and nearly corroded/rust is there any solution I can buy,possible boiling in hot water? any advice is really appreciated links product etc... Thanks:thumbsup:

Ron_Man

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 4, 2014
    Laurel/Bethesda
    Have this problem with my Maverick 88 too (but no rust, just carbon buildup). Put about 500 rounds through it out the box and neglected it. Even the exterior magazine tube is showing some weird surface wear (not rust but can't think of a better description)... :(

Going to give it a BreakFree CLP bath and hope that works. :)

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    Have this problem with my Maverick 88 too (but no rust, just carbon buildup). Put about 500 rounds through it out the box and neglected it. Even the exterior magazine tube is showing some weird surface wear (not rust but can't think of a better description)... :(

Going to give it a BreakFree CLP bath and hope that works. :)

i bought this off my friend 7 years ago I never took it apart...when I asked him he said he did a thorough clean before selling it to me..obviously lied but that's ok...disassemble and see how it was just awful I clean all my firearms with breakfree CLP I soaked it for a good hour I lost patience tedious brush work and damn patches ugh...

risk

Dec 7, 2011
    Havlinsales.com if you need replacement parts. Might be easier and much cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom