• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ladies and gentlemen, I call this love at first sight.

http://www.carl-walther.de/cw.php?lang=en&content=products&sub=2&subsub=22&product=1975

508.00.00_1.jpg

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    Walthers are the some of the best looking and feeling guns out there. I just wish they weren't so temperamental. I'll go with an ugly Glock over the Walther any day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    I prefer Walthers from WWII or earlier, these were exceptional pistols with great historical significance and many of which are still effective even considering usage of the small caliber 7.65mm round i.e. military or E/C PPK, PP, police issue W. German PPKS Eagle N, P38 etc...

6Den

Feb 10, 2013
    Howard County
    Probably fine for any man who doesnt wear a dress or watch the Notebook. Its a 9mm......

Sent from Free America

I was referring to the high bore axis that Walthers are often criticized for, smart@ss. In case anyone is actually interested in this pistol for practical SD purposes and wants to know about repeat shot capability....and NOT to prove their manliness. Lemme guess, you carry a Desert Eagle or an M29 in a shoulder holster like Dirty Harry.

Hawkeye

The Leatherstocking
    Jan 29, 2009
    I hadn't seen this yet.

I have a PPS that I *really* like. A lot. It's been totally reliable and it's small and *thin.* A combination of their new trigger system with the ergonomics of the PPQ series is really enticing.

From the specs, it looks like the CCP is 3mm longer, 18mm taller, and 7mm wider than the PPS. (Of course, I bet if you put the 8 round mag in the PPS they'd be about the same height.) Though 7mm isn't a ton, it's kind of a shame about the width, because that's one of the huge plus points of the PPS to me - it's *so* thin.

Either way, this sounds like a really neat pistol, and I'm anxious to try one out.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I was referring to the high bore axis that Walthers are often criticized for, smart@ss. In case anyone is actually interested in this pistol for practical SD purposes and wants to know about repeat shot capability....and NOT to prove their manliness. Lemme guess, you carry a Desert Eagle or an M29 in a shoulder holster like Dirty Harry.

LOL

Unfortunately, the Walther, like the Sig suffer from the same issue, they both have a higher than normal bore axis; and I agree it does seem to have a bit more muzzle flip. This is most notable when firing a string of shots, or watching slow motion video.

Last edited:

Hotrod Diesel

Here for the Beer...
    Mar 7, 2012
    Parkville
    I am a big walther fan, I have 3 of them, but I don't think I'll buy another. I love the paddle mag release, now that walther has gone away from it, theres plenty of other options out there for me.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I hate the looks of their pistols more andd more with each release.

It may function like a beauty (I have no first hand knowledge past the PPK) but the looks.........yuck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom