• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I decided my AR build is going to be a 10.3" barrel 300blk. I picked up the Wilson combat barrel. I was looking at the Wilson Combat adjustable gas blocks but wasn't sure if the carbine length would be correct for the barrel length. I didn't see too much info on here when I searched, but saw one post mention it was pistol length. Does anyone know which gas block and tube length would work well. This will also be getting a suppressor at some point too. I was looking at the adjustable blocks too.

** sorry if I put this in the wrong section**

Flipz

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2010
    Im betting you picked the barrel up from 2A. I'll be there on Saturday and I'll take a look at the other 10.3's and let you know. Or, you have 2 other options. Post a pic of the barrel showing the gas port so we can see for ourselves, call 2A and ask.

Edit:
    After doing a little research, Wilson's 11.3" 300BLK barrel uses a pistol length. Id be willing to bet their 10.3" does too.

When it comes to the adjustable gas blocks, cant help you there. Im sure someone else will chime in.

Edit #2:
    Doesnt look like Wilson makes an adjustable Pistol length gas block. You could call them to see what they suggest.

F-Stop

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2009
    Cecil County
    Most use pistol length. The round is designed for shorter barrels and the powder burns faster. Even on 16" barrels you will see pistol length gas systems.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Im betting you picked the barrel up from 2A. I'll be there on Saturday and I'll take a look at the other 10.3's and let you know. Or, you have 2 other options. Post a pic of the barrel showing the gas port so we can see for ourselves, call 2A and ask.

Edit:
    After doing a little research, Wilson's 11.3" 300BLK barrel uses a pistol length. Id be willing to bet their 10.3" does too.

When it comes to the adjustable gas blocks, cant help you there. Im sure someone else will chime in.

Edit #2:
    Doesnt look like Wilson makes an adjustable Pistol length gas block. You could call them to see what they suggest.

haha yeah, I got it from 2A. I also bought a FN45 Tactical :D Tom thought it was a pistol length, but wasn't 100%.

Most use pistol length. The round is designed for shorter barrels and the powder burns faster. Even on 16" barrels you will see pistol length gas systems.

Awesome.. Thanks for the response...

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Also check that barrel... I'm willing to bet that you have an 11.3" barrel and not a 10.3". I don't believe W.C. makes a 10.3".

Echo... echo.....

I did recheck after measuring (decided to measure when I couldn't find a 10.3 on their site to check the diamater for the block. Tag was written wrong I guess. No biggie (or I'm blind lol). Measured 11.3 and WC confirmed when I called over the weekend. They also confirmed its pistol length at that length as well. I'm going to grab the block and tube from them on payday.

Billman

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
    May 18, 2010
    Sykesville, MD
    I did recheck after measuring (decided to measure when I couldn't find a 10.3 on their site to check the diamater for the block. Tag was written wrong I guess. No biggie (or I'm blind lol). Measured 11.3 and WC confirmed when I called over the weekend. They also confirmed its pistol length at that length as well. I'm going to grab the block and tube from them on payday.

I picked up the same barrel from Mark. I'm running the Spike's tactical adjustable gas block and a pistol length gas tube. Works perfectly with sub or supersonic ammo.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I picked up the same barrel from Mark. I'm running the Spike's tactical adjustable gas block and a pistol length gas tube. Works perfectly with sub or supersonic ammo.

You answered one of my other questions.. I was looking to see if there was an adjustable gas block for it.. Wilson had adjustables, but the tubes that came with them are carbine length or long so I was going to go with their standard block with a pistol length tube... Not now :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom