• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Knuckle66

One of the 365
    Mar 11, 2012
    Hagerstown
    Ok so my rifle will arrive on 5/31 ill do the paperwork that day. How long of a wait should I reasonably expect?

Well as of this Monday it will be 72 days for my AR-15 lower. So it doesn't look good for you, sorry.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    Most FFLs will let you overlap with the paperwork b/c of the long wait times

Keyword in bold. Mine (MSAR) said they would not submit any more paperwork until the previous paperwork had come back.

Dave67

Oct 31, 2012
    As if we need more fuel for the fire. I know an MSP officer that got his non disapproved in 72 hours for his AR 15. The rest of us have to wait the increasing period of time, but not him. I guess if you were brown shirt you get special treatment. So all the BS being shoved at us is a joke. Trust me I let him know that I am on day 88 and still waiting.

robmints

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2011
    As if we need more fuel for the fire. I know an MSP officer that got his non disapproved in 72 hours for his AR 15. The rest of us have to wait the increasing period of time, but not him. I guess if you were brown shirt you get special treatment. So all the BS being shoved at us is a joke. Trust me I let him know that I am on day 88 and still waiting.

It is a joke and being played like a game for the gun buying public. You did not vote for him and he knows it so he is making you pay.

The trooper getting special treatment I'm OK with. A little perk for him risking his life everyday. So they looked out for one of their own, not a big deal. They didn't break the law doing it, did they?

Screwing the rest of us, is a big deal. They are breaking the law doing that.

The trooper getting special treatment and us getting the pork, two separate things IMO.

Intercooler

Jun 10, 2012
    April 10th on one here. At the two month mark I wanted to see who I could contact about how much longer. How does one do that?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Keyword in bold. Mine (MSAR) said they would not submit any more paperwork until the previous paperwork had come back.

And, this is wrong, and a wrong way of approaching this (IMO) submitting paperwork doesnt have shit to do with WHEN you take possession of the firearm. Why would they care when or what you submitted? What about MD designated collectors?

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    And, this is wrong, and a wrong way of approaching this (IMO) submitting paperwork doesnt have shit to do with WHEN you take possession of the firearm. Why would they care when or what you submitted? What about MD designated collectors?

I am a DC now, but was not when this interaction took place. They flat out refused to even give me the form to start until my prior paperwork came back. Paperwork BTW that I found out via Ms Brock they never sent.

See why they get no more of my business, ammo or otherwise?

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    We are now releasing firearms after 10 days!!!!

Do you do transfers? My current FFL is about full and may not be taking anymore transfers. So I am looking for who else is willing to. Sounds like you would be my first choice!

...The trooper getting special treatment I'm OK with. A little perk for him risking his life everyday. So they looked out for one of their own, not a big deal. They didn't break the law doing it, did they?

Screwing the rest of us, is a big deal. They are breaking the law doing that.

The trooper getting special treatment and us getting the pork, two separate things IMO.

I do! Is the gun a duty gun... no... then he is no different that I am when I go to buy a gun. Why should his family enjoy the extra protection his fellow officers are denying to me by holding up my transfer. They are not above us. I sure hope IRS agents don't get tax breaks that I don't either. I hope MVA personal don't have points magically disappear from their record too. There is no "perk" when it comes to Government service. The "perk" is having a job that most of us have to work hard every day to pay for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom