• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • silanehead

Sarcastic Member
    Oct 24, 2012
    Dundalk
    So on Nov 30 I ordered 500 rds of .223 62gr fmj from Freedom.
    Today the website says this:

Important Notice: There is currently a severe component shortage in the Ammunition Industry which prevents us from completely filling all orders at this time.

Therefore, due to circumstances beyond our control, we may modify your order and REMOVE / CANCEL the product(s) from your order which cannot be shipped within a reasonable timeframe. This means you may only receive part of your order, in which case, the payment amount we process to your Credit Card will be reduced to reflect the changes that we are forced to make to your order.

NO BACKORDERS – While we are continuing to load, fill and ship orders as components arrive, in order to avoid shipping delays, we will not be “holding orders open” for products that are waiting for components. If we modify your order, it will be closed as “complete” when it is shipped. Any items that are not shipped will need to be ordered again at a later date when they become available.

5 weeks of waiting.
    I wonder if this has anything to do with the price of ammo going up 47.50 since I placed it, or are they are just too busy shipping everything to the DHS.

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    I have followed them on FB for awhile and I know they have been saying they have had a hard time getting components to be able to make the ammo on order.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    From Wisconsin Cartridge:

We are currently running 1 - 2 years behind on 223 Rem orders. Any 223 Rem orders under 1000 rounds get first priority. Any order for other rifle calibers 100 rounds or less get first priority. Any handgun caliber orders 250 rounds or less get first priority. It has always been our policy to please as many people as possible, that is why small orders get filled first.

ADR

Ultimate Member
    Aug 17, 2011
    Heck, it's not just ammo and ammo components but also equipment. I decided to finally take up reloading and wouldn't you know it, cartridge specific components like .223 dies are out of stock, back-ordered, etc...

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I wonder how much of this is from all of the ammo the Feds bought over the last year? I mean who buys more 223/5.56 then the Feds?

I doubt the feds are buying from these guys. They sell their own stuff only...hardly military grade, if you know what I mean.

BRONZ

Big Brother is Watching
    Jan 21, 2008
    Westminster, MD
    When sellers dont have an up to date real time inventory system their websites just keep taking orders and before the seller knows it they have orders and orders for product they dont have.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    I doubt the feds are buying from these guys. They sell their own stuff only...hardly military grade, if you know what I mean.

I'm sure the Fed's buy directly from the manufacturers. But when the manufacturers are making the feds ammo it keeps them from making ammo for anyone else. I'm sure with the amount of ammo the feds buy they have contracts with more than one manufacturer.

I just think on top of everything else added in it has to be a factor

CronusTRD

Creeper
    Mar 1, 2007
    Feds don't buy ammo direct, only guns. When I was a fed buyer in a previous career, I'd buy ammo from some of the IPs on this site. Diff fed agencies have different sources.

It took about 3 weeks to get a tracking number for my recent order with freedom for some 9mm 115g RN

My first order with Freedom was in July of last year and I received that order in less than a weeks time. My second order with them was the middle of November and it took over 3 weeks for that order to come in, I'm sure they're slammed right now. You can always call them they're good people and can help you out, they've always answered my phone calls and emails pretty quick.

5 weeks of waiting.
    I wonder if this has anything to do with the price of ammo going up 47.50 since I placed it, or are they are just too busy shipping everything to the DHS.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I ordered a bunch of 9mm ammo from them JUST prior to the Sandy Hook incident and was lucky to receive my order within 2 weeks as they were sold out almost immediately after the incident. I have also received a similar note from them on subsequent orders in just about all popular calibers and have had to place my order in smaller batches with several vendors..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom