• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • one-star

Mar 9, 2009
    Are you sure it was for psych patients? It was a girls school, then during ww2 it was used for injured military.

the Forest Glen Annex (right next to where the housing is) is where the psych patients, the infectious diseases, and etc are held at. The really cool museum of military medicine is now there too. The Forest Glen Seminary (now upscale housing) was a seminary (they built structures from around the world-Pagoda, Castle, etc), then a girls school, then part of the base, and then abandoned for many years....Id love to live in the pagoda there!

Skins_Brew

loves the smell of cosmo
    Mar 4, 2009
    moйтgomeяу сoцйту
    the Forest Glen Annex (right next to where the housing is) is where the psych patients, the infectious diseases, and etc are held at. The really cool museum of military medicine is now there too. The Forest Glen Seminary (now upscale housing) was a seminary (they built structures from around the world-Pagoda, Castle, etc), then a girls school, then part of the base, and then abandoned for many years....Id love to live in the pagoda there!

Well, I guess I stand corrected. I knew that they did a lot of the infectious disease research stuff over there. I remember back in the day when you use to be able to cut through the base to get to and from Brookville Rd. Not so much these days.

The school and stuff is being turned into Condos. I have no idea if they are done or not though.

Anyway, I grew up near Forest Glen. Wheaton is currently going through a transition. They are basically trying to turn it into the next cool place to live. I welcome the change. Wheaton is use to be a nice place, but in the last 10 years it has gone down hill. All of the old restaurants are gone and the only places worth my time these days are Elbes, The Royal Mile, The Limerick Pub, and the VFW. Other then that, I stay away from Wheaton. I use to take my dogs to the dog park at Wheaton Regional, but our county executive and his band of crooks known as the council started charging a fee for it.

Hit up the VFW if you want to good place to go for a few beers. Since you are a vet, you are golden. There is an American Legion down the street but I have never been in there.

As far as you buying a regulated firearm in MD, that is a dicey situation with you technically being a FL resident and all.

Dont forget, your FL CCW (or any other CCW permit for that matter), is currently invalid in MD, do leave your self defense at home.

Welcome to Marylandistan!

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Anyway, I grew up near Forest Glen. Wheaton is currently going through a transition. They are basically trying to turn it into the next cool place to live.

Good luck with that. Since Montgomery County Council seems to think gangstas from DC and PG who come there because of curfews in their own environs are misunderstood youths, and illegals are undocumented guest workers, I think the best they can hope for is a yuppie enclave near the Metro much like Kensington has while the rest turns to sh|t.

Justin B.C.

Walken is a scary clown!!
    Dec 25, 2012
    Hit up the VFW if you want to good place to go for a few beers. Since you are a vet, you are golden. There is an American Legion down the street but I have never been in there.
    Welcome to Marylandistan!

Thanks, will do. I am a VFW life member, so I will be sure to cruis in and see. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom