• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • http://www.royaltigerimports.com/in...id=12&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=2

Was wondering what you all think about this deal, as I have been considering buying one. At this point, I'm looking for a shooter, not a display piece; but it seems I have little to no way of knowing in what kind of condition one of these will be. Therefore, I put the question to you: Would you go for this one, or would you pass it up?

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    Seems a bit pricey to me, then you have to add shipping and a transfer fee. I think you could find one locally in much better condition for a bit more than the $500+ you would have in that one.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    2 out of 3 pictured don't have the Magazine disconnect, so it appears.

Add the Israeli markings, FN made, and no damned mag disconnect - I'd definitely think long and hard about one.

(Shut up Beavis..., I know, I said long and hard. :lol2:)

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I bought a $250 Luger M80/FEG from Cole earlier this year. I am very happy with it, came with a brand new Mecgar mag. 2 of the tiniest pits possible on the slide made it a $250 instead of a $280. Its an early 70's M80 with the Browning type works, not the later FEG Smith & Wesson works.

He has 9mm Kareen's too. How about a Mossad 9mm w/16 round mag ... http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=297197023

He has shooters starting at $208

Last edited:

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    My big concern is they are force matched at this point. And look a little rough, for $700 you probably could get one that is Nazi proofed.

Well, looks like I'll pass on this one. As for the gunbroker options, there are so many that I'm not worried about them running out for a while. Since I'm leaving in five weeks for a year studying abroad in Moscow, I think I'll just stick to my Beretta M9 until after I get back. I'll probably get a stripped AR-15 lower in the meanwhile, though.

Many thanks for the responses and advice, everyone! I appreciate it.

mrbule

Jan 12, 2010
    are you sure? you don't neeeeed a hi power....
    i mean they are just sexy..... stick with just an m9 when they are out there???
    I mean pass on the greatest 9mm pistol ever created...

here's the one i recently picked up from gcole...

IMAG0286.jpg

IMAG0311.jpg

not to mention it was completely upgraded when they refinished it in satin nickel...
    new sear, hammer, extractor, just completely overhauled and after i pulled the mag disconnect. It shoots like a dream... cost to my door... $450

I've never had one of the Israeli guns, but folks on the Hi-Power Forum say they tend to be rough on the outside but good on the inside. Usually not actually shot very much. No surprise some of them lack the mag safety. I've heard that the Israeli armorers used to pull them on delivery to save the users the trouble. They didn't like them because they kept the mags from dropping freely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom