• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MRA

Dec 10, 2010
    Damascus
    I saw a LEO using a tactical holster is a way that I have not seen before. He had a pistol on his right hip as usual. Then he had a second pistol in a tactical holster on his left thigh with the grip pointed to the right. I would guess it was positioned about 10:00 or 11:00. Has anyone seen this before? I'm asking because, to me, it's different. Sorry that I don't have a picture but it would have looked odd to stop along the interstate and take a picture of a LEO.

MRA

Dec 10, 2010
    Damascus
    It could have been a tazer but. The parts that I coule see were all black and looked like a Glock to me. I was moving by him so it was a bit hard to get a real good look.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    It could have been a tazer but. The parts that I coule see were all black and looked like a Glock to me. I was moving by him so it was a bit hard to get a real good look.

They've started making them in different colors. They used to mostly be bring yellow and had some green on them.

I'm assuming some of the "swat" teams did not like going into a dark or low light situation with something bring yellow on their leg. So now they have them in all black.

No sense in putting a "back up" gun on your leg where everyone can see.

HardHatMan

FBHO
    Jul 14, 2009
    Virginia
    Tazer.

I think most depts. require their employees to carry the tazer on their weak hand side so they won't get it mixed up with their duty sidearm.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Yea taser. Most uniformed officers aren't allowed a back up pistol IME. Plain clothes people can request it. Again, it's department specific.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Duh ! The whole point of a BUG is that it is not visable. You have undoubtedly seen lots of uniformed ofc w/ BUGs , you just didn't see them.

FnsweetS3

Pro Whack-a-mole chanpion
    Dec 8, 2011
    Taneytown

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads