• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MRA

Dec 10, 2010
    Damascus
    This is the first time I've ever used Kydex and the first holster I've ever made. It is designed to be IWB and has a 15 degree cant. Now to find the bugs and work them out. Then I'll try an OWB. And for those of you that are a bit picky, I did make sure to get my foot in the shot!!!

Attachments

• P4160537.jpg
      P4160537.jpg
      77.9 KB · Views: 239
    • P4160538.jpg
      P4160538.jpg
      87.3 KB · Views: 241

MRA

Dec 10, 2010
    Damascus
    Here is a photo of my press, etc. I did not use hinges on my press since hinges can hold it open slightly and I wanted a good form all the way around the weapon. This wasn't a problem for me. I heated the Kydex (6" x 12"), placed it over the top of the weapon so it drooped down the sides, placed it on the bottom piece of the press, added the top piece and used my clamps. Make sure you use a spacer for the sites. I used a piece of 1/2" CPVC that was cut in half lengthwise and taped in place with painters tape. The wood for the press is from an old table top. The "foam" is from Knifekits. I justified the added price of the foam from Knifekits since your shipping stays virtually the same when you add items to your order - up to a point anyway. The heat gun is from Harbor Freight - $9.99 with a coupon & $12.99 until the end of April. Use only the low setting on the heat gun since it can easily overheat the Kydex. I made the tray out of some old sheet metal I had. I heated the Kydex in the grill so I could keep the odor outside. Be forwarned, Kydex stinks when it is hot. Wives would be very unhappy with that smell in house!!!! As for other tools, I used: a bandsaw, stationary belt & disc sander, several different rasps, sandpaper, a drill and various drill bits. I used Chicago screws as fasteners and fuel ine cut to length as spacers at the retention screws. Other questions?????

Added note: I know this is obvious but, before you try this you need to: 1) UNLOAD THE WEAPON, 2) MAKE SURE THE WEAPON IS UNLOADED, 3) MAKE SURE THE WEAPON IS UNLOADED!

Attachments

• P4170533.jpg
      P4170533.jpg
      51.4 KB · Views: 187

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads