• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

LAW683

Nov 1, 2011
    No problem

Go to bass pro and please take a pic of 500 rounds of anything for $200.

I’ll wait.

Have you been under a rock since March?

No problem bro
    July 2020 Bass Pro

Attachments

• 1C373E47-B7D5-4703-B70E-DB3BEFE97740.jpg
      1C373E47-B7D5-4703-B70E-DB3BEFE97740.jpg
      100.9 KB · Views: 435

LAW683

Nov 1, 2011
    No crying GF

I'm not into people whining about $. When I golfed, i used Pro V1 balls.
    I never bought them, I found them. We used to know exactly where to find the golf balls.
    I never paid for balls.
    If you want to play, pay.
    Stop whining.

I got ammo and primers. I don’t need it. I’m finding it. I’m trying to have people the price gouging that’s against the law in Maryland

Cabela’s 9/28/2020

Attachments

• 9BF71C00-0214-43EF-8BCE-F6A3A748C142.jpg
      9BF71C00-0214-43EF-8BCE-F6A3A748C142.jpg
      78.6 KB · Views: 448

LAW683

Nov 1, 2011
    Don’t worry I don’t :

Caveat Emptor

You don't like J2's prices then don't buy J2's ammo

Even the manufacturers don’t price gouge like that.

Ordered 8/10 2020. Delivered 9/11/2020
    Straight from federal.

Again no problem here. And i am right here in the DMV like the rest of you.

Attachments

• 0B269D35-B6EF-4738-BD30-62B0E8B253C5.jpg
      0B269D35-B6EF-4738-BD30-62B0E8B253C5.jpg
      90.4 KB · Views: 436

LAW683

Nov 1, 2011
    Lol, sure I can buy a lot of ammo with a time machine. But I would not go back to July 2020, I'd go back to January.

This is not price gouging you are simply living under rock.

Roger that. Aug 2020 like I said

Attachments

• 4112BAE1-D556-4288-AE9E-8294C5A04EC7.jpeg
      4112BAE1-D556-4288-AE9E-8294C5A04EC7.jpeg
      38.7 KB · Views: 438

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Prices for ammo are vastly different Oct vs July. Prices/demand went up even more after RBG died.

People are anticipating a lot of nasty protests, a Biden victory, court packing, and lots of gun control after the election.

If you find ammo, buy it.

They are in business to make a profit. Ammunition manufacturers have increased their cost and distributors have increased their cost so it only makes sense that the retailer is also going to increase the cost. Yes right now ammunition prices are ridiculously high. Two to three times the normal price but if you want it that's what you're going to pay for it. There's no way around it. Even people like myself who reload are finding the cost of components through the roof if you can find them at all better that they charge two to three times what it used to cost than not sell it at all

LAW683

Nov 1, 2011
    If you find ammo, buy it.

Or get it for free. I am not hurting for ammo: I am actually giving some away in the Karma section. It’s not 9mm but I am sure some one can use the caliber and they don’t even have to do anything that cost $$ to get it.

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Hate to brake the news to you (if you have not been out since July).
    July is a lifetime ago in this year.

I picked up ammo in mid Sept,, had I know what mid Oct would look like, I would have bought 10 times.

Still no time machine. Pretty sure date at bottom says July 2020

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Things have gotten exponentially worse in the last 2-3 weeks.
    What was available 3 weeks ago .22, now is not.
    From May - August there was a slow steady tightening of supply, then the last 3 weeks - "Poof" it is gone.

J2 is a business, it actually COST money to have an employee comb the net all day looking for ammo, it cost money to send an employee to another state to try and score some ammo.
    I am glad they have some close buy if I need it. When I was in the other week, they had 1 box limit. The ammo they have is to make sure THEIR customers at least can get a box of ammo when they purchase a gun.
    They are not there to sell ammo at 2019 bulk prices, so you can buy it up and re-list it for todays, current price.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Things have gotten exponentially worse in the last 2-3 weeks.
    What was available 3 weeks ago .22, now is not.
    From May - August there was a slow steady tightening of supply, then the last 3 weeks - "Poof" it is gone.

J2 is a business, it actually COST money to have an employee comb the net all day looking for ammo, it cost money to send an employee to another state to try and score some ammo.
    I am glad they have some close buy if I need it. When I was in the other week, they had 1 box limit. The ammo they have is to make sure THEIR customers at least can get a box of ammo when they purchase a gun.
    They are not there to sell ammo at 2019 bulk prices, so you can buy it up and re-list it for todays, current price.

When 22lr pops up on ammoseek, it's typically some real sketchy stuff.
    I did see one place with CCI minimag , limit 2 boxes $25 a box PLUS shipping

:kicknuts:

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Or get it for free. I am not hurting for ammo: I am actually giving some away in the Karma section. It’s not 9mm but I am sure some one can use the caliber and they don’t even have to do anything that cost $$ to get it.

If you're not hurting for ammo why are you bitching about it? Weren't you just on their book of faces page telling them you NEED 1000 rounds? I know what J2 is doing to try to keep ammo in stock. They're literally driving state to state to get ammo. They're not a bulk ammo distributor they are a local gun shop doing everything they can to keep ammo in stock for people that actually need it.

LAW683

Nov 1, 2011
    Hate to brake the news to you (if you have not been out since July).
    July is a lifetime ago in this year.

I picked up ammo in mid Sept,, had I know what mid Oct would look like, I would have bought 10 times.

No as I also stated I was at Cabela’s in VA and I got 2 500 box’s at 89$ as well and that was just 2 weeks ago. A sucker is born every day. If you or they or whoever keep buying it at astronomical prices they are gonna continue to sell it at that price. I don’t resell any of my ammo or primers. I shoot 1500-2k rounds a month to even fathom doing that. I basically buy now to replace what I am shooting per month.

But when you get a Bass Pro “white shirt” finding you on the net from some other social media platform and says hey can you tell me more about the picture and prices you posted about you know there is a problem. Bass Pro owns the name Herters and they have skin in the game. I do not. I am tired of seeing people being taking advantage of during this cluster F**k of a time we are in.

LAW683

Nov 1, 2011
    If you're not hurting for ammo why are you bitching about it?

Weren't you just on their book of faces page telling them you NEED 1000 rounds?

Definitely not bitching about it. Trying educate shooters that what they are doing is shady a$$ business practice.

And I assure you, you didn’t have me of FB asking for 1k of ammo. Come correct or be corrected.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    The best current price for 9mm is 50 cents per round, plus shipping. Bass Pro might have ammo in a warehouse they can sell for the old price, but nobody else does. J2 has to make a profit, and it looks like they're doing extra work to get ammo. That's not gouging, that's business. At least they've got ammo. Lots of shops have bare shelves.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom