• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • putneyswope

Dismember
    Aug 7, 2010
    Anyone had experience with one of these? I've heard good things...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have one. The trigger is meh, the factory front sight hood kinda gets in the way of optics, and it's heavy compared to an AR, but it's otherwise not a bad gun if you get a gen2 version. Reliability on mine has been good thus far. A little picky on mags, but you can fit them as required. I don't shoot mine a ton simply because it's not terribly good compared to an AR for 3gun and classes, but you could use it in those capacities if you needed to.

Recommend getting the appropriate MFI front folding sight and the Hogue pistol grip. If you want to mount an LPVO or reflex sight, iron sight height is about 1", which is nearly exactly the height of the ADM AD-RECON-SL mount.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I have 2 of them and think there great!! mine are the standard model not the tactical. but I think its as nice as my mutant in 7.62 x 39.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I have 2 of them and think there great!! mine are the standard model not the tactical. but I think its as nice as my mutant in 7.62 x 39.
    If they weren't as heavy and had a decent MLOK handguard, I'd probably be willing to mostly agree with that statement. I wish Troy or Samson would redo their handguard for it... probably a lost cause given that it's out of production, though.

MacGuns

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Chester
    MDA-20200606-441-Edit-L.jpg

I have been thinking of selling mine. It is a nice gun, but I just never shoot it. I have been meaning to thin out my collection to guns I actually shoot. This has been sitting in the safe for far too long.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    If they weren't as heavy and had a decent MLOK handguard, I'd probably be willing to mostly agree with that statement. I wish Troy or Samson would redo their handguard for it... probably a lost cause given that it's out of production, though.

the Tactical 1 has I believe the keymod front grip. im a purists myself. not having a mlok is no big deal to me. it follows its lineage of the 550 , which I think is great! YMMV .

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    I have one. The trigger is meh, the factory front sight hood kinda gets in the way of optics, and it's heavy compared to an AR, but it's otherwise not a bad gun if you get a gen2 version. Reliability on mine has been good thus far. A little picky on mags, but you can fit them as required. I don't shoot mine a ton simply because it's not terribly good compared to an AR for 3gun and classes, but you could use it in those capacities if you needed to.

Recommend getting the appropriate MFI front folding sight and the Hogue pistol grip. If you want to mount an LPVO or reflex sight, iron sight height is about 1", which is nearly exactly the height of the ADM AD-RECON-SL mount.

There is a trigger upgrade:

https://shootingsight.com/product/sig556/

Out of stock currently but expected back in a couple months.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom