• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blipper

MDS Supporter
    Dec 4, 2017
    Dundalk (Baltimore County)
    I was told because all members of the committee are able to attend , it was not singled out for special members that helped push the garbage thru the floor .

I hate it , but that is what now 2 delegates told me .:mad54:

That is an accurate summation of current law. The assumption is that when everyone is invited it's a free speech moment as opposed to a shower gratuities on one's friends moment.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    I am not opposed to ordering the cheapest appetizer and a tea , then split ...Just to be a seat filler .

Yes i would tip the server
    Those thinking of doing this......I would make sure I had at least $50 with me.

TIA - my son works at the Odenton location.

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

honukane

Aug 15, 2012
    Southern Maryland-istan
    Got another reply, this from Sen Ready:

Dear Mr. ,

You are correct that there has been an invitation. I am not attending the dinner and would not attend something funded by someone who's agenda I heartily disagree with. Interestingly enough, it is not illegal for a lobbying group to have a dinner for legislators provided they invite the entire legislative committee or entire delegation - or the entire Assembly. So ethically they are allowed according to the law - but your point is well taken!

Sincerely,

Sen. Justin Ready

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Haha. Other side with Honey. That's funny. Any GOP Member who goes should be blackballed from any and all firearm owner support. Any GOP member who takes this dinner is susceptible to be on the take - maybe not now, but it will happen. And really not about ethics as much as it is about principles. My humble opinion, is they should forego the dinner and every GOP member, regardless of committee, should be outside with the Patriots.

Got another reply, this from Sen Ready:

Dear Mr. ,

You are correct that there has been an invitation. I am not attending the dinner and would not attend something funded by someone who's agenda I heartily disagree with. Interestingly enough, it is not illegal for a lobbying group to have a dinner for legislators provided they invite the entire legislative committee or entire delegation - or the entire Assembly. So ethically they are allowed according to the law - but your point is well taken!

Sincerely,

Sen. Justin Ready

"Ethically they are allowed according to the law" makes no sense.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    "Ethically they are allowed according to the law" makes no sense.

If it breaks no ethics law then they are allowed according to the (ethics) law.

There seems to be no ethics other than that which is encoded in law.

Amazing that an individual bribe is not allowed however a group bribe is allowed. Imagine if someone took the entire general assembly on a cruise or something. Aloha!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    If it breaks no ethics law then they are allowed according to the (ethics) law.

There seems to be no ethics other than that which is encoded in law.

The law and ethics are two entirely different things. Just because something is legal does not mean it's ethical. ;)

Not to derail the thread.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    The law and ethics are two entirely different things. Just because something is legal does not mean it's ethical. ;)

Not to derail the thread.

Of course.
    To some lawmakers though, their actions are only dictated by the letter of the law. So if they didn’t technically break the law, they consider that an ethical win. How can it be unethical if it’s legal? (You and I could name a million ways but they can’t think of any.)

It depends what the definition of is, is.

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I don't know, maybe it would be ok if all the republicans went & ordered all the most expensive stuff on the menu, even getting doggy bags to bring extra home. As long of course, they don't buy into the lib lies.

lowoncash

Baned
    Jan 4, 2010
    Calvert county
    If the NRA or any other group wants to host such an event - all they have to do is invite an entire committee or the entire GA body. The problem arises when one of two or three members are taken out - and I think that still happens on the QT, unfortunately

Would the information on the list of invitees be public information that could be obtained?

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I Imagine if someone took the entire general assembly on a cruise or something. Aloha!

Then we could really pray for a tragic boating accident

I don't know, maybe it would be ok if all the republicans went & ordered all the most expensive stuff on the menu, even getting doggy bags to bring extra home. As long of course, they don't buy into the lib lies.

Don't forget double desserts!

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Don't forget to watch the back for Mini Mike when getting autographs, he's too short to climb the front steps, so he bribes the maitre d and enters through the kitchen.

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Everyone seems to be missing the point here. I want Republicans to go. I want them to record the event and broadcast it to the open internet afterward. I want transparency.

If they can ask that everyone from this committee show up, but they know only Democrats will show up... That's no different than just inviting Democrats. I want this meeting exposed and worthless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom