• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE
    Another shots fired, suspect gets away story.

Remember those license plate readers I posted about last year???

Around 9:20 p.m. on Thursday, Ocean City Communications advised Ocean City Police Department (OCPD) officers a license plate reader on Route 90 had alerted on a stolen vehicle entering the resort. Ocean City Communications further advised the suspect believed to be driving the stolen vehicle was wanted and also armed and dangerous.

https://mdcoastdispatch.com/2019/09/06/wild-two-state-high-speed-chase-originated-in-resort/

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Also i wonder under what law the MD State team could make an arrest and so forth in a nother state unless the they are sworn deputy US Marshals. Also i would think that VA State police would be their as well or at least contacted so they would know what was going on and mabe front royal pd as well. that must have been a long drive from jessup or northern md to front royal as well. you notice they did not say if it took place all in the same day or a day later plus how did he get from northern md to front royal? did he call someone to come get him and or did he carjack a vehicle to get their?? it does not say how.. their are a lot of questions that are still unanswered

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Also i wonder under what law the MD State team could make an arrest and so forth in a nother state unless the they are sworn deputy US Marshals. Also i would think that VA State police would be their as well or at least contacted so they would know what was going on and mabe front royal pd as well. that must have been a long drive from jessup or northern md to front royal as well. you notice they did not say if it took place all in the same day or a day later plus how did he get from northern md to front royal? did he call someone to come get him and or did he carjack a vehicle to get their?? it does not say how.. their are a lot of questions that are still unanswered

Arrested the same day at 1730. Working theory is he jumped on a freight train. On Friday the only freight I saw was just before 4am and went west. At 420 a MARC train went South. That would make more sense but they keep saying that all freight train traffic was halted which is BS

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co

The local and state officers on the regional fugitive task force are deputized by the Marshal service. They can cross into VA to make an arrest freely.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    He drove to Perryville for a reason. There is going to be someone there where he could show up in the middle of the night and get a ride to his girlfriends house.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    The local and state officers on the regional fugitive task force are deputized by the Marshal service. They can cross into VA to make an arrest freely.

Yes I know that they are deputized by the USMS but the WHOLE STAT Team????Unless a USM deputized them for that one arrest but would have to do the paperwork first and given creds but then that would be highly unusual to begin with. Heck all the regional task forces in the USA use local, county, state PD and deputized them to travel and make arrest.. Did you see the show USMarshals a few years ago?? when it centered on the NYC task force Lenny LePaul who is a chief Inspector that leads 15 different local TF in NJ,Eastern PA and NY State..

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I understand how an eluder can quickly get out of sight, go to ground, and hide the vehicle . But how does a Tundra keep going that far, and cumulatively out run various Hemi Chargers and Taurus Interceptors , not to mention Motorola and possibly helicopters ?

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    I understand how an eluder can quickly get out of sight, go to ground, and hide the vehicle . But how does a Tundra keep going that far, and cumulatively out run various Hemi Chargers and Taurus Interceptors , not to mention Motorola and possibly helicopters ?

He tricked them by turning off his headlights! He was invisible....

:lol2:

1time

Ultimate Member
    Apr 26, 2009
    Baltimore, Md

Because the guys operating the chargers and interceptors have to use due care.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Still a major disparity in governed top speed, and cornering ability . Once outside the OC Sprawl , mostly rural to Parkville .

Added - I just checked on a Tundra forum where they discuss maxing out their Tundras . Depends slightly on tire sizes, and whether the poster is reporting indicated by spedo, or GPS . Seems to be aprox 110mph governed , with spread of 107 to 115mph . An Interceptor or Charger will easily hit that in Direct, and big time out corner and out brake any pickup truck . ( Well maybe not a GMC Cyclone , but they're collectable trivia questions these days .)

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Still a major disparity in governed top speed, and cornering ability . Once outside the OC Sprawl , mostly rural to Parkville .

Added - I just checked on a Tundra forum where they discuss maxing out their Tundras . Depends slightly on tire sizes, and whether the poster is reporting indicated by spedo, or GPS . Seems to be aprox 110mph governed , with spread of 107 to 115mph . An Interceptor or Charger will easily hit that in Direct, and big time out corner and out brake any pickup truck . ( Well maybe not a GMC Cyclone , but they're collectable trivia questions these days .)

This one was stolen in Charles county. I doubt he modded it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom