• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    You would be shocked at just how poor some people's shooting really is.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    The majority of the damage to the baffles does not come from poor shooting but deliberately hitting them and from ricocheting from the ground you have to remember the range is a Gravel Pit

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    You would be shocked at just how poor some people's shooting really is.

No I wouldn't. As an instructor I see people on a regular basis that say they are competent with a firearm. The truth comes out when we hit the range. More often then not it is evident while doing dry load drills with snap caps.

Poor muzzle disipline is common. Lack of trigger finger control before and during a shot is flat out scary.

Here's a recommendation for everyone and you don't have to hire me but get some real training. Spend a little money that you would use for ammo and learN the fundamentals.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    The majority of the damage to the baffles does not come from poor shooting but deliberately hitting them and from ricocheting from the ground you have to remember the range is a Gravel Pit

There are some knuckleheads who are trying to shooot through the steel beams that support the baffles. Without adult supervision, there is really no way to stop people from destroying the place.
    I used to go to a range out west that was on bureau of reclamation land. 300 yrds with a natural backstop. Just some tables and signage setting out the rules. Of course, knuckleheads had to put old TVs and scrap cars on the range to blow them up with tannerite. The feds just said 'we don't need this' and closed the place.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    It was so damn hot today.........after shooting I had to hide the guns in the cases so they could be handled again. I had a good time though

IJM

Ultimate Member
    Apr 7, 2012
    District of Columbia
    It was so damn hot today.........after shooting I had to hide the guns in the cases so they could be handled again. I had a good time though

That reminds me of a time I was out there a couple of summers ago with a good friend of mine shooting my Garand. It was 102* that day, and the place was (obviously) empty except for the two of us knuckleheads. THAT was a chore.

By the way, how are the repairs looking?

DaveP

Jan 27, 2013
    St. Marys county
    Boys and i had to ourselves for awhile today. Got lucky, between crowds. Other folks that we there were safe and considerate, for the most part. I know, surprised me too!

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Are they going to offer discounts/prorate MG range permits since we are losing a month at either end?
    Sure they will....
    Miss it already.....

Took me a while to find out what you were talking about.
    http://dnr2.maryland.gov/wildlife/Pages/publiclands/southern/myrtlegrove.aspx
    The Myrtle Grove WMA Shooting Range will be closed from July 5, 2016 through August 26, 2016. The Range will be closed for necessary repairs to the baffle structures, berms, and backstop. Use of the Myrtle Grove Shooting Range will not be permitted during this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom