• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    Cool! I just got my first Glock, a police trade-in Glock 22.

I didn't expect to love it so much, but I do.
    Ive only had it a couple weeks and already the slide and frame are the only things I haven't modified.

I've done:
    Trigger job (polish components, all new Wolff springs, 3.5lb connector)
    Talon grips
    New Wolff stainless guide rod and spring
    Extended factory slide stop
    Extended factory mag release
    Decal slide plate
    New Trijicon night sights
    Lone Wolf dual ported .40 S&W Barrel (so I can shoot lead reloads and not worry about a headspace separation/kaboom)

I'm thinking about doing an 80% build in the future, but looking at prices for the "upper" it's not very cost effective.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Cool! I just got my first Glock, a police trade-in Glock 22.

I didn't expect to love it so much, but I do.
    Ive only had it a couple weeks and already the slide and frame are the only things I haven't modified.

I've done:
    Trigger job (polish components, all new Wolff springs, 3.5lb connector)
    Talon grips
    New Wolff stainless guide rod and spring
    Extended factory slide stop
    Extended factory mag release
    Decal slide plate
    New Trijicon night sights
    Lone Wolf dual ported .40 S&W Barrel (so I can shoot lead reloads and not worry about a headspace separation/kaboom)

I'm thinking about doing an 80% build in the future, but looking at prices for the "upper" it's not very cost effective.

I was looking at some of the 80% frames too, really looks like a fun project. After building ARs I think this would be a nice change of pace...

Texas

Villiage Idiot
    Nov 16, 2016
    Accokeek
    I was looking at some of the 80% frames too, really looks like a fun project. After building ARs I think this would be a nice change of pace...

I am with you there. I looked at a few at the Nation's this week and think I will do an 80 percent Glock after I finish my 1911 80 percent build.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    any feedback on 'finding the dot?' especially from nontypical shooting positions (ie weak hand only, on your side ,etc)?

have you tried shooting it with and without the comp and can you tell the diff?

looks pretty cool & neat!

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    "Roland" is now officially a civilian. His last day in the army was just a few days ago. I expect his company, Presscheck Consulting, will do well, given his resume.

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri

Looks fun and looks quite easy to finish, as well.

The fact that you'll spend more than buying a new Glock has to be weighed in by the benefit of the learning experience and the enjoyment of the project.

I might buy one of the kits and then start slowly digging for used parts for cheaper. People are buying aftermarket slides and barrels these days, I'm sure a guy could grab an "upper" for a decent price if you are patient about it.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    any feedback on 'finding the dot?' especially from nontypical shooting positions (ie weak hand only, on your side ,etc)?

have you tried shooting it with and without the comp and can you tell the diff?

looks pretty cool & neat!

It is, I haven't done extensive testing but I have shot it both with and without the comp. It is supposed to shine with hotter NATO 9mm ammo. I am ordering some ammo for the next range trip.

"Roland" is now officially a civilian. His last day in the army was just a few days ago. I expect his company, Presscheck Consulting, will do well, given his resume.
    I read that, retired Army Special Forces..

balttigger

Ultimate Member
    Oct 15, 2008
    Middle River, MD
    Here's mine....put the final touches on her tonight.
    15875238_10212011724197259_3420282054899881748_o.jpg

15874837_10212011724597269_946448998139485422_o.jpg

15843940_10212011724677271_1429215438940925759_o.jpg

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    It is, I haven't done extensive testing but I have shot it both with and without the comp. It is supposed to shine with hotter NATO 9mm ammo. I am ordering some ammo for the next range trip.

I read that, retired Army Special Forces..

Hotter ammo should make the comp actually work better.

Roland is indeed ex-SF. Technically, he's a former member of The Unit.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Yes. I just finished my .460 Rowland build which is why your thread title caught my eye. Now that I reread it, I see yours is not the 9mm Rowland modification but something that looks similar.

This is a "Roland Special" not Rowland (no W), there is no caliber conversion on this build.. Check out the link to the G&A article..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom