• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Tim from the Military Arms Channel tours the MKE factory in Turkey.

Thought this was pretty neat. I feel a little better about this stuff now, lol

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    Like this?

pakistani-gun-manufacture-13.jpg

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    This is the stuff they aren't selling at Walmart any more and want us to pay Lake City / IMI prices for....no thanks.:lol2:

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Columbia and Ellicot City have tons of ZQI 9mm - no one wants it... :lol2:

We've all been waiting for the $6.94 rollback to roll down the road to us. :envy:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Didn't know there was an issue with it. When the ATF was threatening to ban SS109, this stuff stayed on the shelves because people didn't think it was the same as the federal stuff, lol.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I've bought literally thousands and thousands of rounds of both the 7.62 and the 9mm. It is absolutely first rate ammunition.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Right now, at Columbia and Ellicot City, the Perfecta is $10.97/box and the ZQI is $12.xx.

When the Perfecta runs out, may be a switch to the ZQI is in order... However, the BrassMaxx (which I've used before) is only $23.xx / 100ct and the WWB / 100ct is $26.xxx. so not much difference price-wise.

However, I'm nervous about the ZQI after this report:
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=159818

Combloc, have you noticed any issues with the ZQI w/ respect to bulging cases?

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    No. I look at every spent casing too because I sell it as once fired brass. I've never seen a problem. Of course, with ANY manufacturer, you can get a bad batch but I shoot the stuff through guns worth more than my truck (of course, that's not saying much) and don't worry about it one bit.

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    The Walmarts I go to in VA have it.

Their contract with Walmart is ending - this is straight from a ZQI employee. They are selling the ammo on their website....google it if you want a good chuckle.

There's a thread on arfcom regarding it.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    Here is a sample of some stuff I've shot recently. The 5 on the left were shot through a SIG AMT, the middle through an FAL and the right through an HK91:

The beat up cases are a result of the rifle. It has nothing to do with the quality of the brass. If your roller lock isn't beating up the brass, there's something wrong with it!

Close-up of a base:

I've shot a lot of NATO surplus and the ZQI has been every bit its equal. I would expect that because it IS NATO, just commercialized.

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    As for the 9mm, I don't inspect every spent casing but I do spot check. Again, I've never seen a problem. I don't think the ammo is the problem in the referenced thread. That's a firearm problem.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Their contract with Walmart is ending - this is straight from a ZQI employee. They are selling the ammo on their website....google it if you want a good chuckle.

There's a thread on arfcom regarding it.

I see it on their Facebook page. Sounds like Walmart either sold it at a loss or with very little profit. I guess I'm going to Walmart and clearing them out again. My AR really likes ZQI.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    As for the 9mm, I don't inspect every spent casing but I do spot check. Again, I've never seen a problem. I don't think the ammo is the problem in the referenced thread. That's a firearm problem.

Thanks for the reference.

Maybe time to add some more 124gr NATO to the ammo box...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom