• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    +1. Something I have been thinking bout for a while now.

If anybody is in the civil engineer/CEI/environmental science/land development field, and you have some experience, let me know via PM what your credentials are and I'll search my companies database. I'll split any finders fee I get if you get hired as well of course.
    We have a new forum now.....start a dedicated new thread in it for efficiency's sake. :) ;)

HisCombatMama

Feb 3, 2009
    Do you think it would be a problem if she was home-schooled and no college experience?

Unfortunately I was told that her resume would probably not be considered if she didn't have transcripts of some kind showing her GPAs in the areas that I mentioned. Sorry! :(

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    Unfortunately I was told that her resume would probably not be considered if she didn't have transcripts of some kind showing her GPAs in the areas that I mentioned. Sorry! :(

Well, we appreciate you looking into it. She's running into similar issues with other jobs, but has state-approved documentation of her classwork and performance, so once that data arrives here, she'll be able to show GPA and specific coursework. This may work out after all, but we'll let you know what comes of it.

Thanks again for looking into this!

kralizec

May 1, 2008
    Northeast
    My company had a job fair this week. 11$ plus an hour, good benefits. Not for the faint of heart. Distribution center in Perryville, MD. Steel toed boots on a concrete floor with no forgiveness for lack of production. Do not PM me or use me as a reference. I only provide that which is publicly available. Experience operating industrial lift equipment is essential. 100 IKEA way, Cecil county, Perryville, MD. I will contact HR for more info. Will update.

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    Here's the screencap we discussed, DD

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
      Picture 1.png
      16.8 KB · Views: 82

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    I think this is the culprit. Sorry for the confusion, y'all.

Attachments

• Picture 2.png
      Picture 2.png
      4.5 KB · Views: 85

rummy

Jan 11, 2008
    IKEA baltimore is hiring for Loss Prevention agents.

plain clothes (business casual).
    good pay (best i've seen for retail LP work)
    safety/audit-centric (not too much run n'gun stuff like at the softline department stores) but the boss isn't afraid to get hands-on.
    20hrs = full time benny's (insurance is ridculously cheap)
    not a 'public' company, so market swings don't affect employment too much.
    international company - you can move up in the company and end up in russia if you want.
    the boss is the best boss i've ever encountered - he deflects alot and backs his team 100%.

they're having a HARD time finding a good fit for the department because the boss believes a good personality fit within the office is paramount. you could be hs/ld professional Gecko45 material and he'd turn you away because you're no fun.

PM for details.

edited to add:

he's looking for someone with some modicum of CJ training, experience or schooling - most everyone in the dept. is or was a cop, c.o. or military...not a requirement if you know what constitutes illegal detentions and such...just a preference.
    also, college-folk, or at least someone who'se willing to learn and give him a few years would be good - this ain't a part-time, summer slot he's trying to fill.

20-30ish hours....weekends, and holidays. it's a small department so flexibility is requisite.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom