• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr H

Banana'd
    Wife's school went on lockdown today after she heard shots fired near her room, and the grounds were swarming with police.

Anyone have any information on anything near North Forestville ES??

fishcrow

May 7, 2013
    Terrifying time at school today. I am a 4th grade teacher at North Forestville ES in Prince George's County. Today, around 1:20, rapid fire shots, then 4 to 5 single shots heard out behind the school. Of course, I had to go to the window to see what was going on----P.E. teacher and Kinder garters fleeing the playground toward the building. Dropped the blinds, had children wanting to know what the gun shots were about, where were they. My children know too much---three of my children's families are from El Salvador and they have had tales to tell.
    It took 4,5 minutes for the principal to announce Code Red, a total lockdown. Children dove under their desks, lights out, door locked. door windows covered. I got my Mag light and we waited. They were so quiet. I'm not sure how long we waited---hearing the sirens was GREAT! Soon after, we were given the all clear. No homework, just get what you need, pack up. My three girls were sobbing, so scared. One child told them he know they were safe because I would beat up anyone who tried to harm them---hope I would be angry enough to make good use of the Mag light.
    Dismissal was scary as we have children who have to walk where the police cars were. The principal didn't say a word about what had happened: later read the news article (thanks MACMOOV) two men shot right behind the school. Guardian angels were at work as our Kindergarteners and P.E. teacher could have been shot. Recess will be inside tomorrow if the children are still shaken up by today.

Just a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Deep Thought

Jan 27, 2013
    Columbia, MD
    Terrifying time at school today. I am a 4th grade teacher at North Forestville ES in Prince George's County. Today, around 1:20, rapid fire shots, then 4 to 5 single shots heard out behind the school. Of course, I had to go to the window to see what was going on----P.E. teacher and Kinder garters fleeing the playground toward the building. Dropped the blinds, had children wanting to know what the gun shots were about, where were they. My children know too much---three of my children's families are from El Salvador and they have had tales to tell.
    It took 4,5 minutes for the principal to announce Code Red, a total lockdown. Children dove under their desks, lights out, door locked. door windows covered. I got my Mag light and we waited. They were so quiet. I'm not sure how long we waited---hearing the sirens was GREAT! Soon after, we were given the all clear. No homework, just get what you need, pack up. My three girls were sobbing, so scared. One child told them he know they were safe because I would beat up anyone who tried to harm them---hope I would be angry enough to make good use of the Mag light.
    Dismissal was scary as we have children who have to walk where the police cars were. The principal didn't say a word about what had happened: later read the news article (thanks MACMOOV) two men shot right behind the school. Guardian angels were at work as our Kindergarteners and P.E. teacher could have been shot. Recess will be inside tomorrow if the children are still shaken up by today.

Just a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

I'm thankful all is well, that sounds incredibly scary for you and the children. I trust you'll use that maglight or whatever other improvised weapon you may have available if the need arises. Teachers don't get enough credit (and trust) for this aspect of their duties. Much respect, I don't think I could handle a 4th grade class. I hope tomorrow brings a better day.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I'm glad no one at the school was hurt or injured. Can you find a better "tool" to use if there were ever the occasion?

fishcrow

May 7, 2013
    The tool I would like to be trained to use is not allowed. I am not even permitted the spray which would give me time to use rage to swing it. Jimmy gave me the idea of using it to first blind the creep, then smash with the handle. If I had the spray, it would be used.

This isn't the first time we had a real Code Red. The last one was 2, 3 years ago when a person with a long gun was reported to be on campus. At that time, I had a Head Start class and my para and I could only hide with the children and pray nothing would happen. Now, at least I have something.

Actually, I wasn't that scared, was really angry. How dare someone terrorize my children. Three of them are from families who escaped El Salvador and they were in tears. Regardless of my feelings and opinion about illegal immigrants and all that, they are mine and mine to protect and educate. Oh, and they told me that they started to relax and feel safe when they heard the sirens and knew help had arrived. One girl said the police are our protectors.

The incident, as my foolish principal chooses to call it, was two males who the police say were targeted. I haven't been able to get more information. It happened on the street that parallels the back of the campus. We could see the lights of the cruisers from our windows, watching as our children walked home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom