• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Where is New Jersey having a pig problem, up in the northwest part, by Pennsylvania?

New Jersey has a pig problem alright. Everything I go to Wildwood I'm dodging fat chicks on the boardwalk who don't watch where they are walking.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I went on a guided wild boar hunt in Crawford County Texas a few months ago.

A mating pair can produce up to 100 offspring every two years - kind of the same sex drive I would have if i was dating Miley Cyrus.

A sounder of wild boar can lay waste to 10 acres overnight. Looks as if someone roto-tilled the entire field. Kills all the vegetation and small trees.

Boars are extremely smart. Smart enough to hide from hunters on weekends and come into the open only on weekdays. The have amazing sense of smell, which a learned of the hard way after a lazy companion pissed at the base of my hunting stand instead of into a soda bottle.

The boars will also attack and have the ability to inflict serious injury.

The local butcher charged $66 per boar to butcher, wrap, pack and ship next day air. Not bad when you consider the deal included your choice of his amazing mild or hot sausage.

The ranch owner wanted the wild boar eradicated so bad he almost paid us.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    New Jersey has a pig problem alright. Everything I go to Wildwood I'm dodging fat chicks on the boardwalk who don't watch where they are walking.

Same thing in Seaside Heights, boardwalk pizza stands is like a bait pile, they come a runnin"!!!!

:lol2: :lol2:

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    I went on a guided wild boar hunt in Crawford County Texas a few months ago.

A mating pair can produce up to 100 offspring every two years - kind of the same sex drive I would have if i was dating Miley Cyrus.

A sounder of wild boar can lay waste to 10 acres overnight. Looks as if someone roto-tilled the entire field. Kills all the vegetation and small trees.

Boars are extremely smart. Smart enough to hide from hunters on weekends and come into the open only on weekdays. The have amazing sense of smell, which a learned of the hard way after a lazy companion pissed at the base of my hunting stand instead of into a soda bottle.

The boars will also attack and have the ability to inflict serious injury.

The local butcher charged $66 per boar to butcher, wrap, pack and ship next day air. Not bad when you consider the deal included your choice of his amazing mild or hot sausage.

The ranch owner wanted the wild boar eradicated so bad he almost paid us.

It's my understanding that the problem is so bad in Texas that the hunting season never ends.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    When I was stationed there you could hunt them 24/7 365 days a year. There is a huge problem with pigs there but there is a bigger problem with the fact that hunting is a HUGE business in Texas.

I spent whole weekends driving around west of Ft. Worth and south of Dallas trying to find farmers or landowners that would let me hunt pigs. No dice, everyone either said flat out no, or that if I wanted to hunt, I would have to lease the land or pay a daily tresspass fee. There was public land I went to hunt deer but never had any luck with hogs there.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    My son-in-law is a Conservation Officer in NJ and they have a serious problem with feral hogs. Back a few years ago Jersey held the 1st feral hog hunt and believe they killed 55 or so.

At least half the problem would be solved if NJ would stop strangling legal gun ownership there.

Diogenes

Roll Tide!
    Apr 9, 2011
    Paducah, KY
    They're really bad back home (bama). Open season with no bag limits. You can bait for them too. They come out at night so a lot of people setup ARs with night vision and shoot em in the dark. Even with all the hunting there's a 20% increase in population every year. They used to just be down in the swamps now they're all over. My grandads neighbor shooed a big boar of her back porch with a broom in their little retirement community.

They eat baby turkeys, deer, and cause millions in agricultural damage. What I can't figure is if they're such a nuisance why do guides and farmers charge 450$ a day for me to hunt em?

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    At least half the problem would be solved if NJ would stop strangling legal gun ownership there.

It's not the gun ownership that's the problem, it's the lack of public land to hunt. What public land is available is way over pressured.

That and New Jersey would never allow night time hunting or suburban archery hunting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom