• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Today's observations showed what is hopefully the beginning of the trend .

Availability was greater than zero .
    Prices 2/3 of peak ( , but still above my personal threshold ) .

F5guy

Mar 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    Primer Price & Availability

Where ? Heard some guys talking this morning at the range about small rifle primers available yesterday 8 cents per.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

guzma393

Jan 15, 2020
    Severn, MD
    I've noticed Remington has stepped up their game and started selling primers again.

I also see imported primers making a bit of a comeback but still at high prices. Primer drops with a "reasonable" mark-up from online retailers are still selling out within minutes, even with 1k limits.

I did hear from a friend that they were able to score primers 2 weeks ago at bass pro but I wouldn't get your hopes up for brick and mortar. I was there today, and the reloading section was dry.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

R81

Jun 30, 2006
    I've been watching primer prices on Gunbroker. 3 months ago 5000 SPP always sold for $1000+. Now I'm seeing the same primers sell for $750 to $800. Progress perhaps?

deerassassin22

Apr 12, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    You have to remember if they are Benchrest primers they were always more expensive by about double a normal primer. The extra .9cents is not really $$$$ in the scheme of things when your paying a 1.00 for brass and 60cents a bullet its still the cheapest component.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    You have to remember if they are Benchrest primers they were always more expensive by about double a normal primer. The extra .9cents is not really $$$$ in the scheme of things when your paying a 1.00 for brass and 60cents a bullet its still the cheapest component.

Yeah, usually are 50-100% more expensive. So $90/1k isn’t that bad at all considering the general hike in prices. That would correspond to probably about $50-60/1k for normal primers.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    BassPro, Arundel showing various primers in stock, in store only
    Thanks, was able to score some BR-2's.. been looking for eons. They didn't have much left around lunchtime, a couple bricks of CCI 200/250's I think. Guy at checkout said he has had a steady flow all morning across the counter.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Thanks, was able to score some BR-2's.. been looking for eons. They didn't have much left around lunchtime, a couple bricks of CCI 200/250's I think. Guy at checkout said he has had a steady flow all morning across the counter.

Heck even if they ran dry in a day, that’s a lot better than gone in an hour. Maybe just a few more months I can reliably find something approximating what I need if I need something (even if not the brand or exact make I want, but I can find SR primers, say, even if it isn’t #41 CCI).

atomix8

Nov 3, 2015
    Davidsonville
    Heck even if they ran dry in a day, that’s a lot better than gone in an hour. Maybe just a few more months I can reliably find something approximating what I need if I need something (even if not the brand or exact make I want, but I can find SR primers, say, even if it isn’t #41 CCI).

Don't jinx it, but I'm hoping the same. Seems like ammo is trending down, and folks aren't buying it at the 60cpr prices for 9mm anymore. So eventually it will come into components too :)

deerassassin22

Apr 12, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    Mollys place as of an hour ago.

Attachments

• Primers.jpg
      Primers.jpg
      123.2 KB · Views: 134

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads