Soo.. what's the deal with the Utah CCW now?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    for non res Utah CCW... can we still carry in PA , WV and OH?

i've googled... any all the sites seem dated...

Chris

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Jun 21, 2005
    Cecil Co, Maryland
    That's a Non-Resident Utah permit is no good at this time. Resident Utah permit are still good in PA. Since the Utah permit is not marked Resident or Non-Resident, LEO would go by address on permit. Chris

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    UT is good for vehicle carry only in PA. Concealed carry for UT non resident was killed off by AG Kane with a new reciprocity agreement.

Reptile

Ultimate Member
    Sep 29, 2014
    Columbia MD
    PA now only recognizes the Utah resident permit. The AG decided last May that reciprocity with Utah does not extend to the non-resident permit. If you Utah permit doesn't have a Utah home address don't carry in PA.

Bald Fat Guy

Oct 7, 2014
    Well, vehicle only for concealed, still OC ( outside of Phila). And yes , that is an improvement over not having an otherwise not recognized permit.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    IANAL but I'd say it is illegal. Because Philly is defined as a city of the first class (over 1 mil) Philly requires a valid permit for CC or OC. Not just any permit, but one that PA and therefore Philly recognizes. I don't think the PA law on carry in vehicles with any permit applies.

But IANAL as I mentioned.

Kevmo

N00b
    Feb 20, 2009
    Severn
    well... i guess now it doesn't matter if i cut through PA or MD on my way to ohio then.. haha thanks guys.. you are the best!

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    IANAL but I'd say it is illegal. Because Philly is defined as a city of the first class (over 1 mil) Philly requires a valid permit for CC or OC. Not just any permit, but one that PA and therefore Philly recognizes. I don't think the PA law on carry in vehicles with any permit applies.

But IANAL as I mentioned.

I will differ with this one.

The way the law is worded is like this.

§6108. Carrying Firearms on Public Streets or Public Property in Philadelphia.

No person shall carry a firearm, rifle or shotgun at any time upon the public streets or upon any public property in a city of the first class unless:

(1) such person is licensed to carry a firearm; or

(2) such person is exempt from licensing under section 6106(b) of this title (relating to firearms not to be carried without a license)

And 6106(b) says:

(b) Exceptions.--The provisions of subsection (a) shall not apply to:

(11) Any person while carrying a firearm in any vehicle, which person possesses a valid and lawfully issued license for that firearm which has been issued under the laws of the United States or any other state.

So it seems legal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom