• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I just bought one of these last night from a private party. It is super nice, although after seeing this I see that I could have saved 60 bucks. All good though, the seller was very helpful and I got to take it home so I'm not complaining.

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    I was actually looking at both of those uppers a few days ago. It got me thinking... Given the choice, what's better to get- an upper with the front sight post, or without? Is the front sight permanently fixed to the barrel or is it removable? I figure a pro would be that you only have to buy a rear sight rather than both, but it also might get in the way of optics. What else is there to think about?

AJRB

Ultimate Member
    May 8, 2013
    I was actually looking at both of those uppers a few days ago. It got me thinking... Given the choice, what's better to get- an upper with the front sight post, or without? Is the front sight permanently fixed to the barrel or is it removable? I figure a pro would be that you only have to buy a rear sight rather than both, but it also might get in the way of optics. What else is there to think about?

It's really personal preference I think. Pros and cons both ways. I personally like the FSB and have it on my upper, although if I wanted to put on a 14-15" free floating rail for example, I would have to remove the FSB (wich is removable, and doesn't have to be cut) and cut the delta ring off to make that happen. Where as if you don't have the FSB you can freely switch out longer rails. A 16' barrel with a 14'-15' free float rail looks REALLY nice, but so does a FSB set up imo. I'll be keeping mine with the FSB because I like the look of the govt barrel and want to be able to see it.

ktigerJ

Ultimate Member
    Jun 5, 2013
    5035 is on the Fed Ex truck for delivery today. Coming with LPK, grip, stock, and ST T2 Buffer. I'll post up some pics/review when I get it together and shoot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom