• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    They don't need two databases just a guy like me to write SQL queries. :) Not sure they want the law suit however. .. So I think they will not release names.

The structure of the database schema could work against those that _might_ try to release names not strictly protected by the law. Given one database and someone without specific knowledge of the data structure/domain, the entire database _could_ be released, including those that strictly are protected. Now that would be a bugger, wouldn't it?

I agree that MSP (edit from MDS) would probably not want to get in the middle of a lawsuit. They would deny release of the information regardless of how the law is written.

My whole argument here is that the delegates think one way, but the law is written another. Those that make the law don't know what's in it.

<TIN_FOIL_HAT>
    However, if someone's tin foil is on too tight, one can make the request. If its denied, then sue and get a judge to rule against the request. That would pretty much seal the database regardless of the exact wording of the law.
    </TIN_FOIL_HAT>

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    The structure of the database schema could work against those that _might_ try to release names not strictly protected by the law. Given one database and someone without specific knowledge of the data structure/domain, the entire database _could_ be released, including those that strictly are protected. Now that would be a bugger, wouldn't it?

I agree that MDS would probably not want to get in the middle of a lawsuit. They would deny release of the information regardless of how the law is written.

My whole argument here is that the delegates think one way, but the law is written another. Those that make the law don't know what's in it.

<TIN_FOIL_HAT>
    However, if someone's tin foil is on too tight, one can make the request. If its denied, then sue and get a judge to rule against the request. That would pretty much seal the database regardless of the exact wording of the law.
    </TIN_FOIL_HAT>

Sure that's true. But When date between X and Y does not seem to be a research project to me. :)

I expect that any ambiguity in the law will work to our favor in court. Esp federal court. ")

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Oh they won't make the names public. Then you'd get to see how many anti-gun democrat defense attorneys in the General Assembly have permits. Restrictions are for the little people, after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom