• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28
    Sluggers are cheap and work great in anything modified and bigger. Standard scope mounts are available. A scout mount might be complicated by barrel taper and thickness.

alpine44

Feb 5, 2010
    yeah just buy the bull barrel for it! thats a great idea..good for 250 yards with a hornady sst sabot

I think he means the RIFLED bull barrel, that is indeed very accurate with sabot slugs and comes with a scope base.

Smooth bore barrels are hit and miss (pun intended). You need to try as many different slugs as you can find and some may shoot reasonably well.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    I think he means the RIFLED bull barrel, that is indeed very accurate with sabot slugs and comes with a scope base.

Smooth bore barrels are hit and miss (pun intended). You need to try as many different slugs as you can find and some may shoot reasonably well.
    yeah, great idea! drilling and tapping holes into the top of a single shot barrel,not so much...

alpine44

Feb 5, 2010
    yeah, great idea! drilling and tapping holes into the top of a single shot barrel,not so much...

I was talking about a H&R rifled bull (very thick wall) barrel that came from the factory with a scope base installed. Where did you get the drilling and tapping idea from?

crowmd

Mar 3, 2013
    i dont have pics its just a plain gun no scope there is no way you could drill the barrel is to thin

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    I was talking about a H&R rifled bull (very thick wall) barrel that came from the factory with a scope base installed. Where did you get the drilling and tapping idea from?

he is talking about mounting a scope on a bird barrel if i am reading it correctly! he would have to have it drilled and tapped for scope mounts, like crow said its to thin. like you and i say,bull barrel would be the best option for scoping the shotgun.

alpine44

Feb 5, 2010
    You do not have to drill your barrel. There are FACTORY barrels with scope bases installed. Look on gunbroker and ebay.

The other option would be to talk to a smith about soldering a base to an existing barrel.

Franklin

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 12, 2012
    close to budds creek
    i dont think bull barrel will work on 12 gauge
    It will work! The cool thing about those guns is the versatility of the receiver. The slug hunter barrel will click rite onto it. They even make a muzzleloader barrel that is designed to fire smokless powder that will pop rite on. Turkey barrel with invector choke tubes? You got it. Rifle..pop it on.

crowmd

Mar 3, 2013
    i was told the 20 gauge was set up to take all the barrels i have a 12 gauge to and the barrel fits the 20 gauge and works but the 20 gauge barrel wont lock on the 12 gauge the 20 gauge barrel is alot thicker where the shell goes in to

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom