• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    Reminds me...Need.More.Tromix

ampdog

Feb 25, 2009
    This is ingenuity at it's best. I was looking at it closely and it doesn't even look like anything all that special.

Just 2 flat top (A3) uppers joined together by a clamp on the rail. A sort of custom butt plate on the standard buffer tubes. And cross the gas tubes between the 2 uppers.

Simple Yet Brilliant!! :clap: :beer:

hailtoby

Running with the Devil.
    Sep 5, 2009
    Charles County
    This is ingenuity at it's best. I was looking at it closely and it doesn't even look like anything all that special.

Just 2 flat top (A3) uppers joined together by a clamp on the rail. A sort of custom butt plate on the standard buffer tubes. And cross the gas tubes between the 2 uppers.

Simple Yet Brilliant!! :clap: :beer:

The way he daisy chained the gas sytems slows the lead guns cylic rate by about half because the second bolt must operate and fire before before the first bolt ejects and rechambers a round.

I guess it wouldnt be an issue with semi-auto, but (I know this design is anything but practical) its not practical on FA. It should theoretically have the same rate of fire as one AR with just twice the weight and twice the ammo capacity.

JCB003

Ultimate Member
    Sep 10, 2007
    You keep saying that!! :D Get on the list already-next one opens up in January.

I actually need to get out and shoot the ones I already own...:sad20:

I know, I know. I just dropped a metric ass ton of money on a new HVAC and doing minor home improvements. Plus Christmas is coming up which means spending more money on gifts. If I have any cash left over I'd love to add a Tromix S06 with SRTrigger, night sights and maybe the Kross Hellion handguard. But I also need a new safe, a M1A, a USP9SD, Benelli SBE2, 5.56 suppressor, 870 Police Trade in to SBS, Arsenal/Legion SGL-31 folder with Ruskie red dot, finish up 4 AK kit builds, and finish a couple of AR stripped lowers. Decisions.

c33m0n3y

Mar 14, 2010
    Howard County
    I know, I know. I just dropped a metric ass ton of money on a new HVAC and doing minor home improvements. Plus Christmas is coming up which means spending more money on gifts. If I have any cash left over I'd love to add a Tromix S06 with SRTrigger, night sights and maybe the Kross Hellion handguard. But I also need a new safe, a M1A, a USP9SD, Benelli SBE2, 5.56 suppressor, 870 Police Trade in to SBS, Arsenal/Legion SGL-31 folder with Ruskie red dot, finish up 4 AK kit builds, and finish a couple of AR stripped lowers. Decisions.
    Now THAT'S having one's priorities straight. These aren't mere "wants"!

h2u

Village Idiot
    Jul 8, 2007
    South County

Credit Card. Done.
    :innocent0:D See how easy that was for me to spend your money ;)
    Wasn't there a DSA on that list as well? Maybe you got it already and didn't share...:cool:

SRTrigger is the best money you'll spend on that shotty :thumbsup:

Here's my S06 with:
    SRTrigger
    Chaos Tri-Rail
    Tromix Flash Hider (didn't need yet another Shark Brake)

The rest is a standard Tromix build. The barrel feels WAAAAY too long on this one after being used to the others.

Attachments

• DSC05725.jpg
      DSC05725.jpg
      79.3 KB · Views: 107

ampdog

Feb 25, 2009
    The way he daisy chained the gas sytems slows the lead guns cylic rate by about half because the second bolt must operate and fire before before the first bolt ejects and rechambers a round.

I guess it wouldnt be an issue with semi-auto, but (I know this design is anything but practical) its not practical on FA. It should theoretically have the same rate of fire as one AR with just twice the weight and twice the ammo capacity.

Yeah, I can't argue with it's practicality (it doesn't have sights). But, it is VERY cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom