• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Anyone have a source for enblocs that they trust?

They're probably all made overseas now but some may be better than others, I suppose. I've bought my last two batches from Buffalo Arms: https://www.buffaloarms.com/

I haven't shot with any of them so I have no idea if they're load and chamber smoothly and reliably.

bigmancrisler

2A Preacher
    Jun 4, 2020
    Martinsburg, WV

They're probably all made overseas now but some may be better than others, I suppose. I've bought my last two batches from Buffalo Arms: https://www.buffaloarms.com/

I haven't shot with any of them so I have no idea if they're load and chamber smoothly and reliably.

I got mine from liberty tree and most of them were surplus GI ones, only had 1-2 that gave me issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    I probably have hundreds and hundreds of them, all from HXP ammo.
    Doesn't the CMP sell them in the E Store? Like by the dozen or score, at a reasonable price?

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    I'm near Annapolis.

Last I checked, CMP was out of stock. I should have checked again to see if they restocked. I forgot.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    Garand Gear is also out of stock. Thanks for the link to ammogarand, they have them in stock.

I think I'll be able to get the the range soon. I'll report back on the Buffalo Arms clips after I've tried them.

KP Shooter

Le Flâneur
    Dec 1, 2009
    Long Island/ MoCo

I’ve got a pile of them from the CMP, all should be Greek. Where are you located? Shoot me a private message

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    You can still find lots of unissued USGI clips made by BR-W and IS at gun shows, usually $2-3 each. I bought a bunch at $0.50 each two years ago at the Nation’s show.

The VGCA show in Manassas is coming up in early November. One private seller last show had a few grocery bags of clips when I was rooting through the bins of stuff below his table that he did not get around to displaying. I didn’t ask for the price because I didn’t need any, but his other stuff was very cheap.

Straightbolt

unindicted co-conspirator
    Apr 4, 2015
    The 'Burbs
    How many are you looking to buy ? I have about 150 from CMP ammo I purchased over the years and could part with some. PM me if interested.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    How many are you looking to buy ? I have about 150 from CMP ammo I purchased over the years and could part with some. PM me if interested.

I'm good for now, thanks.

So, the latest batch of enblocs from Fulton armory are stamped AEC-3. By far, these were the easiest to snap that 8th cartridge into and all the rounds are evenly seated against the rear of the clip more easily than any other that I've tried. They are definitely brand-new with perfect Parkerization.

I haven't had a chance to shoot any clips yet but if ease of proper loading is any indication, these are the best ones so far.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    I'm good for now, thanks.

So, the latest batch of enblocs from Fulton armory are stamped AEC-3. By far, these were the easiest to snap that 8th cartridge into and all the rounds are evenly seated against the rear of the clip more easily than any other that I've tried. They are definitely brand-new with perfect Parkerization.

I haven't had a chance to shoot any clips yet but if ease of proper loading is any indication, these are the best ones so far.

You don’t actually want to seat cartridges 2-7 against the rear. That will cause feeding issues. The extractor grooves of 2-7 should be riding along the ridges on either side of the clip.

Ponder_MD

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2020
    Maryland
    You don’t actually want to seat cartridges 2-7 against the rear. That will cause feeding issues. The extractor grooves of 2-7 should be riding along the ridges on either side of the clip.

Interesting. I haven't found that tip anywhere on the web.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom