• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I'm here , but will be behind the booth all day .

Crowd is medium , just from here ,multiple 80% vendors ,lots of mags , and customers carrying purchased powder .

Added - ATF is here , polo shirted @ booth by entrance spotted so far .

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    Was there with my family- didn’t see MSI? Not too crowded around 10:30, got the mags I was looking for and a knife that seemed cool- mission accomplished. Taking family to lunch and wife wanted to hit some other shops up here so all good.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    We're in the main exhibition hall this time . Come thru the door , turn left , look for MSI banner .

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan

Crowd is medium , just from here ,multiple 80% vendors ,lots of mags , and customers carrying purchased powder .

Wasn’t sure on CCW etiquette - I asked at the entry table and they zip tied mine.

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    The ATF has a booth? are they selling pistol braces?? Or "Buy, Build, Shoot" kits?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Most Promoters will have that policy , but it's not Illegal until live human tells you to either unload or leave . ( In Pa )

River02

One Ping Only...
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2015
    Mid-Maryland
    Stopped by from about 9:45-11:00. Plenty of ammo at about the same prices as in the LGS in Frederick area. Bought some CCI .22LR $15/100 and 300 Win. Super X HP in .22LR-- $40./box. Didn't see much in the non-tactical Shottie category I was looking for. Couple of shield arms 15 rounders for the G43X---$35 ea. Finished the day w/ a few pints of pickles to make my little girl happy--

Sgt6402

Jan 21, 2008
    md
    Before I make the ride up tomorrow...... anyone see any WWII 1911 magazines for sale?

Thanks

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Turned out to be a pretty good show for me. Magazines, upper receiver, powder ( everyone must have been blind because it was only $20 per pound. sorry if you missed out but, I bought all he had.) and an excellent condition older model 10X Leupold w/ medium height 1/4 min. target knobs, A/O for a price that was too good to pass up. Saw a few friends, one I had not seen in years. Talked with the ATF guys before leaving, looks like they may be forced to vaccinate or lose their jobs.

edit, the powder actually worked out to be $16 per pound!

Last edited:

rehtlaw

Nov 28, 2009
    So. MD. area
    There was a vender with powder at 45 a pound. Thought that was way high then next vender had it at 48. Glad I have a good supply. Ammo was all over the place and so was price. Igman 9mm for 20 a box was the cheapest I saw. Lot of AR parts, not much in surplus rifles. I was somewhat disappointed overall but may be the new normal in shows.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Anyone see red dot for sale.

Yes. There were several vendors selling optics. One in particular had a wide variety, far right as you enter the doorway, last (?) table in first row.

Not a large crowd from what I saw. One vendor was talking to a friend and said he only did $1000 of business all day... which from the way he said it was exceptionally bad.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Yes. There were several vendors selling optics. One in particular had a wide variety, far right as you enter the doorway, last (?) table in first row.

Not a large crowd from what I saw. One vendor was talking to a friend and said he only did $1000 of business all day... which from the way he said it was exceptionally bad.

I read it as Alliant Red Dot, the powder. But I shoot mostly shotgun and Red Dot is a popular shotgun powder. I guess it just depends on your perspective.

I would be interested what other powder was there.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan

Definitely not as large as last year from what I remember and last time I went to one there. I’ve been looking for Shield Arms 15rd mags for the G43x for some time now and finally found them. The Mag guy just to the right of the entrance never fails to have the obscure or hard to find ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom