• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Does one really apply a tourniquet to the upper body? I mean, I guess it's possible that torso wounds could be survived while the guy would otherwise bleed out from an artery hit in an arm. I guess.

Morbidly interested in the entire sequence of events, and hope the resident is found to have acted in self defense, and within bounds on the use of lethal force. Even if he is, he'll be a lot poorer unless he's got SD insurance of some sort. On a happy note, they will have taken away his .40, so now he can buy a proper firearm.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    They've scrubbed a lot of the comments from SMNEWSNET.

I was reading this last night and there were over 150 comments.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Multiple torso hits with a fotay and the perp was still alive? Time to get a real man's caliber and get a 22. I hear those things are lethal at just 2 rounds.

They managed to keep him alive for a little while, he died later on.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Does one really apply a tourniquet to the upper body? I mean, I guess it's possible that torso wounds could be survived while the guy would otherwise bleed out from an artery hit in an arm. I guess.

Morbidly interested in the entire sequence of events, and hope the resident is found to have acted in self defense, and within bounds on the use of lethal force. Even if he is, he'll be a lot poorer unless he's got SD insurance of some sort. On a happy note, they will have taken away his .40, so now he can buy a proper firearm.

The video clip in the link had the dispatchers recording. Hit to the chest and arm. Tourniquet was probably put on the arm wound. Yeah, you can bleed out from an artery hit in the arm.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Scrubbed of particularly tilted comments or commenting turned off?

I take that back. Last night, on the SMNEWSNET page, there was a ton of Facebook comments at the bottom of the article, now there are only two. But, if you go to the SNMEWSNET Facebook page, all the comments are there.

There is the usual mix of comments.

Last night there was, apparently, family members saying he had been shot at a different location and went to the house for help. Now there are comments saying he was at a party next door and had been drinking, left the party, came back to the wrong house and walked on in.

A couple comments each of the "he was a good kid, a good father", "play stupid games, win stupid prizes". I think there was a "he was the recipient of the fvck around, find out award".

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    The video clip in the link had the dispatchers recording. Hit to the chest and arm. Tourniquet was probably put on the arm wound. Yeah, you can bleed out from an artery hit in the arm.

****Yea you can. The brachial artery carries a lot of blood to the arm and having it severed or damaged can cause a massive amount of blood loss quickly without medical intervention.

There are bigger arteries in the body, but the brachial artery in the arm is big enough to cause major blood loss with enough damage.

Makes a flippin' mess too. Not sorry for the perp. The homeowner will still have a mountain of lawyer bills and related expenses due to this if the perps family sues.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    They've scrubbed a lot of the comments from SMNEWSNET.

I was reading this last night and there were over 150 comments.

The usual Smnewsnet dynamic:
    Poster 1: He deserved it
    Poster 2-12: Ditto, good on the homeowner
    Poster 13: (in incomprehensible ebonics) Tyquan was there as a guest / only looking for a lost puppy and you allse are mean racists for being on this app and hiding behind a screen name.
    Poster 1-12: Berating Poster 13 about the ills of fatherless families.

Sometimes you can learn something. Usually it's just a slugfest.

TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Welcome to the Hotel California
    Such a lovely place (such a lovely place)
    Such a lovely face

They're living it up at the Hotel California
    What a nice surprise (what a nice surprise)
    Bring your alibis

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...7.2865j0j1&pglt=43&FORM=ANNTA1&DAF1=1&PC=DCTS

OR

What does California Dreaming mean?
    California dreaming means to dream about being free and away from any hardships. It was a popular phrase used during the free speech movement in the 1960s during the Vietnam war and the Civil Rights movement. California dreaming means to dream about being free and away from any hardships.

You know the preacher liked the cold (Preacher liked the cold)
    He knows I'm gonna stay (Knows I'm gonna stay)
    California dreamin' (California dreamin')

On such a winter's day

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...dge.0.0l9.5241j0j9&FORM=ANAB01&DAF1=1&PC=DCTS

:D

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    Multiple torso hits with a fotay and the perp was still alive? Time to get a real man's caliber and get a 22. I hear those things are lethal at just 2 rounds.

Makes me wonder if they weren’t target rounds. It’s hard to believe anyone could live very long after being hit in the torso multiple times with .40 hollow points, but stranger things have happened.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    I take that back. Last night, on the SMNEWSNET page, there was a ton of Facebook comments at the bottom of the article, now there are only two. But, if you go to the SNMEWSNET Facebook page, all the comments are there.

There is the usual mix of comments.

Last night there was, apparently, family members saying he had been shot at a different location and went to the house for help. Now there are comments saying he was at a party next door and had been drinking, left the party, came back to the wrong house and walked on in.

A couple comments each of the "he was a good kid, a good father", "play stupid games, win stupid prizes". I think there was a "he was the recipient of the fvck around, find out award".

Not good going into wrong house. Ask Amber Guyer.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    perhaps

did he pu the tourniquet around the perp's neck to stop bleeding to the brain?

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    The usual Smnewsnet dynamic:

Poster 1: He deserved it

Poster 2-12: Ditto, good on the homeowner

Poster 13: (in incomprehensible ebonics) Tyquan was there as a guest / only looking for a lost puppy and you allse are mean racists for being on this app and hiding behind a screen name.

Poster 1-12: Berating Poster 13 about the ills of fatherless families.

Sometimes you can learn something. Usually it's just a slugfest.
    Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom