• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    This guy created an avenue to countless thousands upon thousands of hours of enjoyment, and to so many like minded people, in doing something that I wouldn't have a clue how to do. For many of us here, this forum is a part of their everyday life.

Thank You DD214! You leave behind you quite a legacy! May you Rest in Peace Sir!

Ughhhhhh, this sucks. I was happy to see him posting again recently after time off. His leadership in creating this space has been instrumental in organizing the 2a world in Maryland and beyond. I was hoping to grab a beer with him, or maybe an umbrella drink, since he seemed to be getting back into the mdshooters world. Rest in peace Don. You earned it.

I think it goes without saying that he changed my life, and I say that without hyperbole. I am a very different person than I was in early 2005 prior to MDShooters thanks to this place.

I know people dismiss this place on a lot of levels, but they are at their core sucky people who just don't get it.

They also don't understand how transformative this community has been in terms of activism and community amongst gun owners in this shit stain of a state and just how bad things were in the old days for this place and MSI.

I'm inserting way too much of myself in this right now, but I am sad and I feel very old and very used up. We were young back then with so much promise and so much excitement about what MDS could eventually become.

Thankfully Blaster229 provided me with an outlet for my sorrow via FeverTree and Bombay.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Words won't do justice to the emotions going through me right now. I hope RIP, Don, will suffice.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Rest in peace Don.
    I very saddened by this news. I enjoyed seeing him posting and participating.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Fook, Great person, good friend, shared many beers. Have kept up over the years a little, although regrettably never as much as I wish I would have. This one hurts, it's a real loss for all of us.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    I was really hoping that rumor was wrong... Unreal. Rest in Peace Don and thank you for everything.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    UFB! I can't believe this.

I met him once in Annapolis. A great guy. His contribution to MD2A is practically incalculable. Thousands of people owe him for their increased knowledge and sense of community. We're worse off today than we were yesterday.

I wish Don's family comfort and healing.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I think it goes without saying that he changed my life, and I say that without hyperbole. I am a very different person than I was in early 2005 prior to MDShooters thanks to this place.

I know people dismiss this place on a lot of levels, but they are at their core sucky people who just don't get it.

They also don't understand how transformative this community has been in terms of activism and community amongst gun owners in this shit stain of a state and just how bad things were in the old days for this place and MSI.

I'm inserting way too much of myself in this right now, but I am sad and I feel very old and very used up. We were young back then with so much promise and so much excitement about what MDS could eventually become.

Thankfully Blaster229 provided me with an outlet for my sorrow via FeverTree and Bombay.

I did not get involved until here at MDS , so i know what you mean Norton .

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    fml! I am so heartbroken. I, too was very happy to see him start posting again. Prayers up to his family. I am truly sorry, Norton, my friend.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    all good Norton

To me, you are not inserting yourself. You are giving those of us who did not know him well insight into the man and his influence on others. No worries.

texkev

Administrator
    Staff member
    Admin
    Jan 19, 2016
    North Texas
    RIP. Man, 3rd story like this I have seen on the boards in the last few days. Tough loss. He truly started something great here.

Todd S

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2012
    Glen Rock, PA
    RIP Don. Salute to you, good sir!

Norton, I never met him, but I’m sad for your loss.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    This is one of the fondest memories I have of Don, and this is how I picture him when I think of him.

This was from one of the now-legendary shoots that we used to host at DelMarVa with 125 shooters.

That was fun times. I'm thinking of bass beer in a pitcher down at the cape.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1621027028277.jpg
      FB_IMG_1621027028277.jpg
      143.4 KB · Views: 725

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads