• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    I was just let go as my position was eliminated/Reduction inforce. I'm doing the typical job searches on Linkedin and Glassdoor. Just figured I'd post on here in case anyone may be looking for some to help with the numbers. I was at my company 7 years. It's a public company with offices globally. Thanks all!

Capt Skup

Ultimate Member
    Feb 29, 2012
    Calvert County
    WMATA (Metro) has several finalcial analyst positions posted. Go to WMATA.com, look at Careers, under job openings. Great company to work for. Hope this helps

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Where are you located and how far are you willing to commute...might help weed out some jobs in western Md, etc.

Mr H

Banana'd
    I was just let go as my position was eliminated/Reduction inforce. I'm doing the typical job searches on Linkedin and Glassdoor. Just figured I'd post on here in case anyone may be looking for some to help with the numbers. I was at my company 7 years. It's a public company with offices globally. Thanks all!

Go on to dice.com as well. Not too common, but they have reach.

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    WMATA (Metro) has several finalcial analyst positions posted. Go to WMATA.com, look at Careers, under job openings. Great company to work for. Hope this helps

I'll take a look at them. Thanks.

Try AccounTemps. They honestly can get you in a lot of places on short term contracts or 6mos CTH. https://www.roberthalf.com/employers/accountemps - have heard good things from a few of my CPA / Financial Analyst friends.

I'm already working with a team from Robert Half. Also a team from Ranstand.

Where are you located and how far are you willing to commute...might help weed out some jobs in western Md, etc.
    Near Hanover, MD. Honestly, best case is I get a job within 30 mins commute for me. Though I know that limits my choices; but its my goal for now.

Go on to dice.com as well. Not too common, but they have reach.

never heard of them, but I'll give it roll.

MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America

Not sure if you are interested in govt contracting, but a lot of contractors (and some pretty big govt clients) in that general area. I would also consider using Indeed.com if Glassdoor doesn't compile postings from many of the jobsites (Indeed does).

Good luck, wish I had a more direct opportunity, but should be lots of need for financial analysts in that general area.

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    Not sure if you are interested in govt contracting, but a lot of contractors (and some pretty big govt clients) in that general area. I would also consider using Indeed.com if Glassdoor doesn't compile postings from many of the jobsites (Indeed does).

Good luck, wish I had a more direct opportunity, but should be lots of need for financial analysts in that general area.

Thanks. I've mainly been using LinkedIn and Glassdoor, but will try Indeed more. Yes, I've worked for Deloitte Consulting on a DHS contract a while back. honestly the work doesn't interest me as much as on the private side, but I guess I can't be too picky as I've been unemployed due to "My position has been limited" for 2 months now. I guess in hindsight I shouldn't have trained the contractors so well.:mad54:

Just PM'd you
    Thanks. Email inbound

Same situation here. I've been using Indeed and Maryland Workforce Exchange.

https://mwejobs.maryland.gov/vosnet/Default.aspx

https://www.indeed.com/

You're an unemployed Financial Analyst as well? I should check out MWE. Thanks

Northrop Grumman has a lot of facilities within about 10 minutes of you, if you decide to go that route.

https://www.northropgrumman.com/Careers/

I've applied to NG for a few roles recently (as they are really close to home) but no call backs yet.

Thanks for all the advice everyone! I know i'll land something soon its just that most companies are now on a hiring freeze.

MDHunter

Ultimate Member
    Mar 12, 2007
    Free America
    I've applied to NG for a few roles recently (as they are really close to home) but no call backs yet.

Thanks for all the advice everyone! I know i'll land something soon its just that most companies are now on a hiring freeze.

Remember that Northrop has had to work thru this lockdown like everyone else, so it is likely that their recruiters and HR have been slow to seek new candidates. That should start to change soon, so it could be that you get a call because they may finally be starting to source applicants again.

MindTheGAP

Jan 4, 2018
    Maryland
    Remember that Northrop has had to work thru this lockdown like everyone else, so it is likely that their recruiters and HR have been slow to seek new candidates. That should start to change soon, so it could be that you get a call because they may finally be starting to source applicants again.

This is exactly correct; all non-essential staff are on two weeks in two weeks out paid at normal rate, and new hires are only on already-won or sole-source contracts. That said, if you know anyone that works there, NG has been heavily prioritizing friends / family referrals for the past 5 years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom