• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ghost40

Apr 29, 2015
    Thanks to a member here I am going to finally have an SKS. Very excited about this since I've been wanting one for a while now.

Now on the evil stuff. It's a Norinco Paratrooper with a synthetic stock currently. I would like to put a Tapco stock on that's adjustable (not folding) and pistol grip.

As I read the law I am still OK as long as I don't add the evil pigsticker, flash hider, grenade launcher or detachable mag.

Does that sound about right to you guys?

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Don't fit it with a detachable mag and it's fine and don't have more than one evil feature out of folding stock, flash hider, or grenade launcher. Don't have a fixed mag over ten rounds either on it.

The bayonet and pistol grip are irrelevant as far as MD law goes.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Don't fit it with a detachable mag and it's fine and don't have more than one evil feature out of folding stock, flash hider, or grenade launcher. Don't have a fixed mag over ten rounds either on it.

The bayonet and pistol grip are irrelevant as far as MD law goes.
    Evil features only apply to semis with detachable mags. Enjoy your folding stock and FH on your fixed-mag SKS. :P

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Evil features only apply to semis with detachable mags. Enjoy your folding stock and FH on your fixed-mag SKS. :P

Whoops, forgot about that detail

https://mdsp.maryland.gov/Organizat...LicensingDivision/Firearms/FirearmSearch.aspx

"4) If this is a semi-automatic centerfire rifle that can accept a detachable magazine, does it have any two of the following: a folding stock; a grenade launcher or flare launcher; or a flash suppressor; If so, then it is banned and may not be purchased, sold, or transferred."

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates

Saml

I survived the rapture
    Nov 27, 2016
    HoCo(lumbia)
    Can I assume pubg is a video game? I'm a COD guy and that's it.

Yep, its a once very popular battle royale game.

You’re a CoD guy, so I bet you’re exited about the new one coming out? I haven’t been a fan of CoD for years. Probably since MW1-2. But this one piques my interest. Ballistics , bullet pen, weapon customization (looks better than previous games customization) , etc. looks like it’ll be a fun game and I’m going to give it a shot.

But my go-to game for intense, heart pumping firefights and realism, insane weapon customization , and even loot grinding/farming is Escape from Tarkov.

I’m also very much looking forward to Ready or Not. Can’t wait for that - alpha starts on the 19th , yeet yeet lol.

Anyway sorry for going off topic there.

I myself love SKS’ and own a lot of them. They’re my favorite firearm, and I can’t get enough of them haha. So congrats on your acquisition man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom