• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Like the title says. I took my 15-22 out today and had two instances where it doubled.

Has anyone had that and happen and if so, were you able to remedy it by yourself or is this going back to the factory?

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Is it only with one brand and loading of ammunition or more than one brand? That's the easiest thing to test. Some lots of rimfire ammunition can be touchy and maybe cause the problem.

All I had was Federal at the time. It did it twice inside of about 100 rounds. If I get a chance in the next couple days I'll try it with other ammo and see if I can replicate it.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    How many rounds through? When did you last detail strip and clean it?

It's got a lot of ammo down the pipe.

Been a while since I really tore it down but it hasn't been used hard since the last real good scrubbing. I was going to break it down tonight and see if anything jumps out at me.

I was hoping someone had this problem before and could tell me where to pay attention to.

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    I've not seen it, sorry. My guess is crud in the firing pin channel. Maybe throw the whole bolt in a sonicator for a while then strip it down?

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    I just got it all scrubbed down and blown off with the compressor. I'll check pins and such tomorrow.

Early day tomorrow so I am hitting the rack.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Just got the rifle back from S/W. All I can tell for sure is that the trigger spring was changed and the recoil spring since they are both the blue springs now.

It looks like a new disconnector but I couldn't tell for sure. I literally just walked in the door and looked it over real quick. I am hoping to get some rounds through it in the next couple days.

Whatever they did to it, it didn't cost me a dime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom