Thinking of trading my Uberti for a Vaquero?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MiddleRiverShootist

Jan 18, 2015
    Baltimore Co

Attachments

• Uberti Cattleman.jpg
      Uberti Cattleman.jpg
      148.7 KB · Views: 342

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    And the reason you want to switch is ? ( Real question, Vaquero and SAA clones both have their positive qualities.)

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes, in the absolute, a Vaquero is more durable than SAA. Are you shooting your SAA 1000rds per month ? If so then it would be meaningful issue, typical casual use not so much.

Yes, in the absolute, a New Vaquero ( aka small frame) is stronger ( meaning handle warm-ish loads) than modern SAA using modern steels, but the difference isn't huge. If you want the capability to hot rod it, you should step up to an Old Vaquero (aka large frame).

If the picture is your actual SAA, I see a brass grip frame. That's fine, a matter of taste. But they usually come on the base model clones. In that case, you would probably benefit from some slicking up of the action.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    What Biggfoot said. The New Vaqueros are solid guns, no doubt. But unless you're shooting the heck out of it, not an issue.

There's a slight difference in the Vaquero frame size that is, to me, unappealing.

You should trade the brass framed Uberti (Again, what Biggfoot said. Nothing wrong with it, Personal taste.) and buy what you want. No one's ever regretted buying the Vaquero.

MiddleRiverShootist

Jan 18, 2015
    Baltimore Co
    i use it twice a month or more at a friends farm or the range. And yes i never did like the brass frame but i got a decent deal on it at the time. Id like to swap the brass for steel and have it slicked up. im going to keep it. Thank you all for your input. i do apreciate it.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Do whatever your heart tells you. Life's too short to worry about every decision you make on buying a gun. I've regretting selling many of my firearms, but I look at what took their place and it's not so bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom