• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • byf43

SCSC Life/NRA Patron Life
    A good friend of mine is in need of the case-forming instructions for forming 7mm BR brass from .308 Win.

He had a fire at his house and since the restoration has been done, he's either misplaced or tossed the papers.

He and I both have looked online, and can't find a 'current' .pdf of the instructions.

IF someone/anyone has the procedure, it would surely be appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    •Caliber-specific information and general instructions on case forming can be found in "The Handloader's Manual of Cartridge Conversions" by John J. Donnelly, product number 815626, and in "Designing and Forming Custom Cartridges" by Ken Howell, product number 942114 - From Midway when doing a general search on forming 7mm BR.

Also, Midway has the brass itself available for purchase - sorry, shows as discontinued now. http://www.midwayusa.com/product/1601102532/remington-reloading-brass-7mm-br-bench-rest

Appears some have had decent luck necking up the 6mm BR to 7mm BR, but I'm unfamiliar with the cartridge so I can't offer up any more than that.

byf43

Yeah Brad, I've kinda been chasin' my tail for the last couple of days.

He said that he has some 7mm BR brass from Remington (new!), with small primer pockets, and he has some brass from years ago.

He found the dies and since he's retired, he wants to do something constructive.

He's wanting to form some new brass and shoot his XP-100.
    He's not shot it since we shote IHMSA, in '86.

The .pdf used to be on RCBS's site, but, isn't there, now.

He sent them an e-mail, and sofar no replies.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    The 7mm BR was based on the case used for the .308 x 1.5, which was a small rifle primered case with thinner walls. Most suggest either buying 30BR brass and forming it, or 6mmBR brass and forming it. Seems that the large primer pocketed 308's didn't work as well as the small pockets and require sizing and thinning of the neck on a std 308 or 243 case. Some even used 'bushings' to allow small primers, but... It would seem better just to buy factory brass at that point. Try Graf & Sons.. ;)

byf43

FOLLOW-UP

As a follow-up, I contacted RCBS on Tuesday with an e-mail.

The reloading "tech" replied (last night) and said that he's sending the case-forming instructions to me by U.S. Mail.

RCBS is "okay" in my book. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom