• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I just picked up my Spectre II can today and I want to run on my 10/22. The threads on the Ruger are much longer than the .40" spec for the Spectre, so I got one of Silencerco mounts. But it bottoms out before it get to the shoulder of the barrel. I'm not comfortable running it this way.

IMG_1568s.jpg

I'm think maybe adding one of the spacer rings to fill the gap? Here's a picture of it with the ring from the Ruger flash suppressor, but it's tapered on one side and not flush with the barrel.

IMG_1566s.jpg

Is anybody else running one of these on a factory Ruger barrel and what did you do?

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    You may need some sort of precision spacer or a different mount. But you definitely don't want to use a crush washer like that last photo.

Pwilliams1

Apr 25, 2013
    Pick up a threaded spacer. Silencerco sells them on their site. I believe 2a sales usually has them in stock as well, but you may want to call before you make the trip.

Otter

Sep 25, 2009
    How long did it take to get your stamp? Dittos on the spacer, I have one for my SilencerCo Warlock.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Duffy's has the spacers in stock. I wish I had grabbed one while I was there. I figured the adapter would be enough.

On the stamp, the check was cashed by ATF Aug 18th and the form stamped Dec 14th. I got the call from Vince yesterday.

Otter

Sep 25, 2009
    Thanks for the gouge on the current timing, I am waiting for two stamps it'll probably be late Feb or March as 4 months seems to be the sweet spot lately.

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Gotcha. I think my Spectre came with a 1/4" spacer. I needed an 0.090" spacer for my FVSR so I bought a machine washer.

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    this thread got me thinking. I recently got a SS threaded TD. I miked the threads today. The threading on this one was .40". I don't know if the TD is different or not. I too will use a SiCo can on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom