Is it just me, or are C&R guns disapearing?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    holy cow, service grade is amazing. My dad bought one years ago that was service grade and it looked like the park had just been done the day before. Stock had a few TINY blemishes, but the rifling, finish and working of the action were all flawless.

And Jmangle, you're right, they have 12 round mags- but remember that with a C&R license you can have things shipped directly to your house bypassing MD law, which only says you can't tranfer or create new mags, these mags were made decades ago.

amoebicmagician

Samopal Goblin
    Dec 26, 2012
    Columbia, MD
    Also, FFL dealers take posession of mags over 20 rounds all the time, C&R is a type of FFL, so in the scope of C&R firearms only, I think you'll be fine regardless so long as you're a CRUFFLer

If not, please don't inform me, because I am ignorant of that fact, and will remain so

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    you're incorrect, you cannot have hi caps shipped to you in MD< period, doesnt matter if its a C&R gun or not, the law applies to the magazines themselves.

dealers are allowed to have hi caps to sell out of state, but thats dealers, C&R being an FFL doesnt make you the same as a dealer.

I think I am gonna try to get it done around mid April... good luck with your trip coming up.

considering the backlog, if you want to get one mid april, you should put in your order mid march or late feb.

i believe they only charge you when it ships.

hey stu, when you went there last did they have anything else in the racks besides the garands?

i know they occasionally have krags, 1917's and springfields, but due to the small numbers of them they only either auction or sell them in the stores.

when they had krags i know almost all of them were extremely rough, but if hand picked at the store that'd be awesome.

i havent ordered anything from the CMP since back when they first got the italian carbines in a few years back, i gotta renew my garand collectors association membership in case the mood strikes me and i simply must have a 3rd garand or something lol. at least i should probably get some ammo.

chucks

Sep 30, 2010
    I bought two Garands at Camp Petty Saturday. All they had were Garands and the racks were not full. They are temporarily out of cases and will ship me two when they come in. They also have a lot of Greek 30.06 ammo loose in military boxes for $98 @ 200 rds.

JMangle

Handsome Engineer
    May 11, 2008
    Mississippi
    Sad face.

Well as long as they don't do a de-facto confiscation like NY where you have to get rid of any mags over 7 rounds.

... Because it's gonna be hard to hide a foot-locker full of mags ...

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    you're incorrect, you cannot have hi caps shipped to you in MD< period, doesnt matter if its a C&R gun or not, the law applies to the magazines themselves.

dealers are allowed to have hi caps to sell out of state, but thats dealers, C&R being an FFL doesnt make you the same as a dealer.

considering the backlog, if you want to get one mid april, you should put in your order mid march or late feb.

i believe they only charge you when it ships.

hey stu, when you went there last did they have anything else in the racks besides the garands?

i know they occasionally have krags, 1917's and springfields, but due to the small numbers of them they only either auction or sell them in the stores.

when they had krags i know almost all of them were extremely rough, but if hand picked at the store that'd be awesome.

i havent ordered anything from the CMP since back when they first got the italian carbines in a few years back, i gotta renew my garand collectors association membership in case the mood strikes me and i simply must have a 3rd garand or something lol. at least i should probably get some ammo.

Mostly garands, they are getting in .22 Kimber target rifles next week, a lot of Navy 7.62 B/r and refurbed B/R I think there was some 1917 parts but no rifles, handful of .22 barrels and a bunch of M14 stocks.

The Navy B/R are in great shape and the Kimbers are a downright steal for the money.

I'm headed up next weekend to hand select a few for some friends.

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    those navy b/r are definitely interesting, did you look at the bores any? the description says they may be shot out, but i know the CMP is extremely conservative in their descriptions.

sygata

Feb 13, 2012
    Is it just me or did people buy these up really quickly all of a sudden? I'm asking because I don't know.

Don't worry about it too much. New stuff will show up.

And, btw, AR-15s are about to enter C&R age...

stu929

M1 Addict
    Jan 2, 2012
    Hagerstown
    those navy b/r are definitely interesting, did you look at the bores any? the description says they may be shot out, but i know the CMP is extremely conservative in their descriptions.

I did and I sent one home for someone that was 1 at the throat and less than ,5 at the muzzle with perfect park.

There are a lot of nice 7.62 BR at the north store.

Tracker

Aug 21, 2011
    Anne Arundel County
    I wonder if a MD dealer could release a C&R handgun to a licensee if the paperwork doesn't come back in 8 days.

Asked my FFL guy the same question yesterday and he showed me some MSP paperwork showing that they do the NICS check on the last day. He said he needed that number before he can release the gun so he couldn't legally release any regulated gun until MSP ok's it

Chaunsey

Ultimate Member
    Nov 28, 2009
    brandywine MD
    Colt introduced the AR-15 for civilians in 1963 (50 years ago) When will they become C&R eligible?

anything 50 years and over is automatically C&R.

so 1963+50 years=2013

so over the next few years we're gonna start seeing some old AR's hitting the C&R market im sure.

for those of us in MD it will be a way to buy a non hbar AR without going through the MD rigamarole, although dont expect a C&R eligible early 60's AR to be cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom